Chapter 17: Accident

Welcome back to Sandman everyone me I hope you enjoy this chapter because I know I did, :3 so read on everyone. Please remember to VOTE and COMMENT it really means a lot to me plus I like chatting with you guys in the comments. XOXO BUTTERBALL.

____________________________________________________________________________________

-Samantha-

Fighting, I could hear fighting and yelling.  I tried to move but my body felt too heavy almost like it was filled with a bunch of lead. I forced my eyes open at first my vision was blurry at first but when it adjust I nearly screamed at what I saw. I remember going to a hospital but this room looked nothing like a hospital room.

It had a black floor, gray walls covered with weird markings scrawled in blood, and chains hung from the ceiling my parents laid asleep on a couch made of human skin and bone. I started hyperventilating and my eyes darted around the odd room until they landed on Theo and Nathan who were arguing.

Theo was in his true form and Nathan's eyes were an amber color. He had large pure, white dove like wings sprouting out of his back and fangs instead of regular canines. I could see this odd looking tattoo wrapping around his neck.

They both looked at me when they saw that I was awake and freaking out. Theo came over to me and spoke, "You can see into the Darkzone now. You have to calm down, your body is still weak from being poisoned. Just take a deep breath, calm down. Then blink," he told me.

I nodded slowly as I forced myself to calm down, I followed his instructions and when I opened my eyes everything looked normal again and Theo wasn't in his true form. Nathan looked human, but I could still see that odd tattoo on his neck.

I licked my dry lips and glanced over at my sleeping parents. "What do my parents think happened to me?" I whispered.

"They think you overdosed on sleeping pills and had a seizure, thanks to those fucking shadows," he told me through clenched teeth.

"B-but I would never do anything like that, I would never try and commit suicide!" I exclaimed.

"They don't think you were trying to commit suicide. Your parents and the doctors believe that your insomnia got the best of you, causing you to keep taking the pills within a very short time span," Nathan explained.

Theo let out a deep chuckle, "Never chase shadows, hmmm? When you become part of their world that's all you can do," he said.

Nathan gritted his teeth then let out a sigh, he ran a hand through his hair then turned to me. "I'm going to go cool off outside, Sam. I'll be back in a few minutes."

He turned to Theo, "Don't touch her." Nathan warned.

When he left I noticed that the chain that connected him and Theo phased through the door.

Theo blinked at me slowly then gave me a smile. However, it was different from all his other smiles it was, gentle.

"Any questions, Samantha?" He asked me.

I frowned then I asked the question that had been bugging me since I woke up. "Why, why did you save me?"

A smile spread slowly across Theo's face and it sent a chill down my spine. I could practically feel the disdain and hatred radiating off of him. If I had to describe it in one word I would say, evil.

"Oh, Samantha...revenge and anger festers and grows quite a lot when you're immortal," he informed me.

I nibbled on my bottom lip a bit before answering him, "Yeah, I...suppose it does. By the way, I didn't know that you were immortal, is it fun?"

Theo slowly narrowed his eyes at me until they were slits, "Would you like to know how I ended up like this, little human? I was never human at all, to begin with, but I wasn't the boogie man either," he murmured slowly.

"So, what were you before you became this?" I asked hesitantly.

Theo was quiet for a few moments before he spoke and when he did, his voice was different. It...no longer sounded like Nathan's, it was deeper with a slight accent that I couldn't place.

"Samantha, please listen as I tell and show you a tale that has tortured me throughout the ages," he whispered.