Chapter 7: Horrible Therapy

Welcome back to Sandman everyone:) my misery is your company for this book but in a good way. Anyway please remember to VOTE and COMMENT I really appreciate it and I like talking to you guys in the comments. XOXO BUTTERBALL
----------------------------------------------

-Samantha-

My therapist is someone who doesn't really understand me in a sense, which is very bad if your job is anything relationship reliant.

So currently my therapist doctor Muktar, yes that is her real name, was typing away on her laptop while we sat in uncomfortable silence.

After about ten minutes of this, she finally spoke. "So, Samantha how are you doing?" She asked as she looked at me.

Doctor Muktar was a middle eastern woman with a slight accent, so when she spoke I usually had to stop and listen very carefully.

"I'm doing fine except for the fact that I can't sleep," I told her.

She turned back to her laptop typing quickly as she did. When she spoke again this time it was way too personal.

"How is your sex life, Samantha?"

I started coughing as I choked on my own saliva. "I'm 18, I don't have a sex life!" I yelled at her.

I looked at her like she was crazy however she just calmly looked at me.

"Samantha, that is an uncalled for reaction but okay. Did you know that lack of sleep can cause bad skin?" She asked.

"Yes, yes I did that's why I look like a raccoon at the moment," I told her slowly.

She nodded slowly, "Samantha, are you still having nightmares about the shadows?"

Yeah and now I think I'm hallucinating them too.

"No, I just can't sleep much or at all without my pills," I sighed.

Doctor Muktar turned and typed on her computer before she spoke, "I want to see you back in two months if I can, I've refilled your medication so you should have no trouble sleeping," she told me.

"Okay," I said as I stood up.

I walked out of her office and down to the reception for my appointment.

"She wants to see me back in two months," I said.

The receptionist nodded then after a moment of setting up my appointment and getting a school note, I walked out of People's Place Counseling.

My mom was parked right outside playing a game on her phone when I got in the car she looked at me. "What did she say?" My mom asked me.

I let out a sigh, "Well I have to meet her back in two months and she refilled my sleeping pills, so after we go pick them up I should be able to sleep tonight," I told her.

My mom let out a loud sigh, "Oh thank goodness, I was really starting to wonder if I should take to walk in clinic or not," she muttered.

I chuckled as she drove to the drugstore we usually used, after that we went home.

I was playing video games in the living room while my dad, who happened to be off work today watched slightly confused. While my dad knew some electronics he didn't know video games beyond Atari and arcade machines, which is where he and mom met actually in an Arcade.

"What are you playing, Sam? Is that your PlayStation 31245725?" He asked me from his position on the nearby recliner.

I let out a small snicker, "No dad, it's my Playstation 3," I corrected him.

"Is that Jurassic Park, or Legos?" He asked me.

I grinned, "It's both the game is called Lego Jurassic Park."

"Is that even fun I remember video games and Legos were separate things?" He asked frowning.

"Well, it depends on who you are and what you like honestly," I told him as I collected studs on screen.

My mom suddenly rushed into the living room, "David, don't ever cheat on me with on a succubus or you will end up sounding like a flicted, Mickey Mouse when you're done," she said.

He looked at her with wide eyes, "W-what?"

I snickered, "Dad it's a video game thing she was playing the Witcher three," I told him.

"You let, Gareth sleep with that horned demon woman!" I exclaimed at my mom.

My mom just shrugged, however, "It's fucking, Gareth, he sleeps with every woman you can sleep with," she said. I noticed that she had this slightly daydreaming looking on her face.

My mom had been playing too much Witcher three. "That's it you two go to bed," my dad said.

"Hey!" Mom and I said at the same time.

"Someone has to be the voice of reason around here and you more than likely need sleep, Sam. So go get some sleep," my dad told me.

I let out a sigh, "You're right I am tired, but that may be the two sleeping pills I took a little earlier, night mom and dad I love you," I said as I hugged them.

Then I headed upstairs to get ready for bed. For once in a long time I fell asleep easily did I sleep pleasantly, no.

I was walking down the dimly lit hallway again, the mist was slightly thicker now and there were various metal doors on the wall.

I was slowly trying to find an open door when I heard a scraping, thumping sound.

I froze and slowly looked over my shoulder with my hands still on the doorknob.

About ten feet behind me, underneath one of the lights I saw this, thing.

It seemed like it was made of that black mist like it was made of darkness. However, it had this glowing white hole in the center of it and another larger glowing white hole at the bottom.

The creature turned and when it did the white hole moved which made me wonder if it was an eye. A second later it let out this horrible, loud noise that sounded like someone scratching glass with a nail.

Then it started rushing toward me and I took off running as fast as I could.

However, when I glanced back after a lot of running the creature was gone. As though it had never been chasing me in the first place.