A new Beginning for Sofia:

Sofia's POV: 

One day my mom and I were summoned by King Roland II for new shoes. So my mom and I went outside of our shoe shop and towards the castle. Once we got towards the gates, the royal guards had let us in knowing we were there to fit King Roland's new shoes. When we got into the throne room, we saw King Roland II sitting in his chair. 

I placed the small table for King Roland to put his feet on. The shoes fit perfectly and so did my mom and the King. I saw that it was love at first sight for them and soon there was a wedding for them. The next thing I knew I was moving into the castle with my mom. I was not happy at all, I mean I am for my mom and the king, but this is a major change for me. 

I'm happy that I get my own room, but to be a princess, I know that it is not going to be easy. I'm really not ready to be a princess. I don't know how to dance and act like a princess. I said, "Mom, I don't want to be a princess, I don't want a ball where I'm just gonna slip and fall. Everyone is going to laugh at me." 

"Don't worry sweetie, nobody laughs at a princess and I know that you would never turn down a party, especially for you", said my mom (Queen Miranda). King Roland II came in and said, "Sofia, I have something for you, this is a special amulet called, "The Amulet of Avalor", it is said to protect and guide the princess who wears it." 

He puts the amulet around my neck, I love it! I said, "Thank you! Its so beautiful! I promise I'll never take it off ever." He replied, "Great, now its best off to bed, you have school tomorrow, Royal Prep Academy, where all princes and princesses go to learn about our royal way." 

I nodded and went back to my room, I bumped into the sorcerer Cedric. After we talked a little, I went off, but I had a bad feeling about him.