Chapter Five - Alone

I woke up the next morning in Taehyung's bed. At least it was a Saturday. I could just tell mum I was sleeping round a friends house.
Taehyung was still fast asleep. He looked so peaceful, so instead I decided to cook him some breakfast, iron his clothes and clean the house a little for him. Just to say than you. As I got out of the bed, I looked through his draws, pulling out a fresh pair of his boxers and a fresh top. I quickly put the on and walked through the house to find the ironing board. Were Taehyung's parents really out of town? There were no family pictures to be seen and no sign of anyone else's belongings in the house. There was nothing but a bed and a wardrobe in the spare bedroom, and the wardrobe had nothing in it.
Confused, I decided to just get on with the ironing. Looking through the pile of clothes, there were no other clothes but his. No one else was really living in this house, were they? It was just a made up story. Was there something he wasn't telling me? I proceeded to start ironing all of his clothes, and after I'd done I gave the house a quick polish over to relieve it from its quilt of dust. Still no one else's belonging to be seen. He really was lying to me...by why?
"Hey, baby...What're you doing...?" He walked into the living room, naked, and laid on the sofa. He was sprawled out with his legs wide open.
"There's no one else living in this house...is there...?" I mumbled.
"Nana...you don't need to know anything about that." Looking pained, he got up and went back into his bedroom.
Why was he not telling me? If he loved me, he would tell me. Right? Following him, I approached the bedroom door, but didn't enter. Instead I stood outside, not believing what I was hearing from inside. I heard sobbing, and lots of it. I decided to enter, walking up to the bed silently. I laid down next to him, wrapping my arms around him from behind.
"Nana..." He whimpered, sounding more pained than I'd ever seen him.
"I don't know...what has happened...what the matter is...or what's hurt you...but...I love you too...and...I don't ever want to see the one I love cry...so...I'll be here when you feel able to lean on me...and tell me what's wrong..." Gently, I stroked his head, soothing his pain. Soon enough, he stopped crying and turned around, hugging me back tightly.