Chapter Six - Truth

"Nana...can...can I tell you something...? But you have to promise not to tell anyone else ever..." Gripping onto me tightly, he whimpered.
"Of course. You didn't need to ask, silly." I gently ruffled his hair. I was worried about him. What was it that he wasn't telling me?
"Th-The...reason no one else lives here but me...is because my dad...murdered my mum...He's in jail now..." Crying even harder than before, he let go of me and covered his head under his pillow.
"T-Taehyung...that must've been...terrifying..." Not realising, I began to cry myself. "Taehyung...I-..." I wrapped my arms around him, snuggling up to him. "You're not alone anymore...you have me...Do you...want me to ask if I can move in for a while?"
Immediately sitting up, he looked up at me wide-eyed. "Really?!" His eyes were red and sore from all of the sobbing.
"Sure! Why not?" Leaning my forehead on his, I looked into his eyes. "You'll never be alone. You'll always have me, okay."
Giving me a small nod, he then leaned in, softly kissing me.

-TIME SKIP-
That was three years ago. Three years ago me and Taehyung met, we fell in love, and I found out the truth. Soon after I moved in with him. We've lived together happily ever since and haven't really had any arguments.
There's one thing that's been playing on my mind. Taehyung's father is leaving prison soon and I don't know what to do about it. I'm scared. What if he comes for Tae? Or even me? I just...I don't know. How can I protect him like he protected me all these years?!
"Babe?" Twenty year old Taehyung walked through the door, pulling me into his embrace. "Me and the boys are going to the new apartment to check it out later. Wanna come with us?! It'll be so fun! I promise!" Giving me a hopeful smile, he then kissed my cheek.
"Hmmm...Okay then. Why not?" I laughed at him. He hadn't been this happy in a long time and it was good to see.
Ever since he found out his father was coming out of prison he was a bit off, but today was a new day it seemed. Today he was cheery and jumping around, cuddling and kissing me. Maybe it was because he got into the new kpop band 'Bangtan Boys'?