Chapter Nine - Surprise

A year later, we had moved in and out of the BTS dorm. We were in our own apartment near the Han River. It was a beautiful view. Especially at night when all of the lights shone, glistening upon the river in the form of a reflection.I was full recovered, in a wheel chair and doing physiotherapy. Taehyung was doing well at his job; building more fans with every country he went to.
Soon it would be my birthday. For once in my life I couldn't wait for it! Taehyung had a big surprise for me and I kept begging for him to tell me, knowing he wouldn't. He said it would be very special to my heart and with me for the rest of my life. This made me more and more curious as to what it could be.
As we were about to leave, Taehyung gently placed me into the car and put my wheel chair in the boot. The journey was going to be a long one. He swiftly got into the car; a smile as big as the car itself. He was so joyous that it spread its aura onto me.
"Are you excited, Jagiya? I've been planning this for over seven months now. I think you'll love it!" After a cute giggle, he continued. "I know it's a while away and a long drive...but it will still be really worth it. It's going to show you how much I love and value you...which I really do. It's been a hard year, but with everyone's help we've made it through. This is my little reward to you for being so brave and strong...and...also an apology for...you getting hurt by my father's psychotic hand."
"Taehyung, you know I'd never blame you for what happened. That was your father's fault. If anything, you've helped me through what happened. You've been with me since the start of my struggles. You've supported me through many years of my life; decision after decision, mistake after mistake...you've always been there. I feel like a burden to you now...but I could never leave you because I don't know how I'd cope without you being by my side. Thank you, Taehyung..." As I began to cry, we pulled into the drive of a very large, mansion-like house.
Taehyung got out of the car, after calming me down, and got me into my wheel chair. Then, briskly, he wheeled me into the massive complex.
"Hello, Mr. Kim. We've been expecting you. Please come through." A very beautiful woman walked up toys from behind the desk, greeting Taehyung.