Chapter Eight - Fate

All I could see was darkness...Lonely...depressing...blackness.
"Nana!!!" Familiar voices calling out to me, I slowly opened my eyes to see Taehyung and Seokjin.
Where was I? What was I doing? Those were the questions I had to wait to be answered.
"Jagiya...!" Taehyung pulled me up into his arms, absolutely sobbing. "You're okay!"
"Welcome back, Nana." Warmly smiling at me, Jin walked out of the room to leave me, Taehyung and the doctor alone.
The doctor steadily approached me and Taehyung. "Taehyung, I think you might want to take a seat." With a serious expression, he held his clipboard tightly.
"What's going on?!" I whimpered. I was trembling. The aura around me was serious and I wasn't liking it one bit.
"Nana. Taehyung. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you're going to be fine now. Your operation went well and everything will be fine. You should make a fast recovery. But...the bad news...The bad news is you will no longer be able to reproduce."
The words I was dreading to hear hit me like a stone to the head. Looking over at Taehyung, I could see he wasn't taking in one word of what the doctor was saying. It wasn't that he didn't understand...it was that he chose not to.
"S-surely there's other ways...that that?" Taehyung gazed up; hope in his eyes.
The doctor shook his head. "I'm sorry, you two...That won't be possible. The stab wound hit the ovaries meaning that the eggs needed to reproduce won't be effective anymore. But...we can always put you up for adoption programmes later on if you'd like?"
Without hesitation, Taehyung stood up from his seat and walked out of the hospital.
"Oppa!!! Oppa!!" Crying my eyes out as I watched the love of my life leave my side, I tried to get up, but found I couldn't.
Patting my hand, the doctor tried to comfort me. "Nana...sssshhhush. It's okay. Just let him go for some fresh air. I'm sure it's just as hard for him to hear as it is you. Now...there's also one other vital thing that I need to tell you. This...will affect your future greatly. Because the stab wound disrupted a spinal disc...you now how a collapsed spinal disc. I'm sorry, Nana...you will never be able to walk again."