Chapter 4

Jane pov...
We get to the victims house and see a man covered in blood. Frost asks "what happened?"
He tells us "I shot my girlfriend"
I go over to arrest him and he kicks me in the stomach, then tries to run away. Frost arrests him and Korsak ask "are you okay?"
I say "my stomach really hurts"
Korsak then says "let's get you to a hospital to be checked out".

Frost takes the guy to the prescient in the car. Korsak and I get a taxi to the hospital.

I get checked out and have an ultrasound, the doctor says I look to be fine but they want me in overnight for observation to make sure that nothing happened to the baby.

I call Maura and tell her what happened, she says she will come right over.
As soon as I hang up I get a call from Frost saying that Cavanaugh is looking for us, I tell him to say that Korsak will be back soon but I am taking the rest of the day off sick. He asks "are you ok?"
"I am but the hospital is being cautious and making me stay in overnight" I tell him.

Maura arrives so Korsak leaves to go back to work.
She asks me "when did Korsak find out"
I tell her "he saw me throwing up this morning so him and Frost wanted to know what was going on, I told them so they would stop asking questions".
She nods and says "I think you might want to consider telling other people now before they hear it from anyone else"
I nod and say "I might get Ma, Tommy and Frankie to come in so I can tell them but how do I get them to come to the hospital without freaking them out"
"I'm sure you will figure it out".
Maura then gets a call about a body so she has to go.

I call Tommy first and tell him "everything is fine but to come see me in hospital I have something to say".
He says he will be here in ten minutes. I then call Frankie and tell him the same thing, he says he will be here soon.
I then call Ma and tell her the same thing and she asks "if you are fine why are you in hospital"
I tell her "they want to watch something, I would rather talk in person so can you come please"
She says "fine" and hangs up.

My bothers get here at the same time and walk in the room, Ma walks just after them and says "what going on?"
I say "well... Umm... I'm pregnant"
They all smile and Ma says "I'm going to have another grandbaby"
Frankie says "congrats Janie"
Tommy says "I'm going to be an uncle"

I pick up the photo from the ultrasound I had when I came in and show them. Ma asks "how far along are you?"
I say "I'm ten weeks"
Frankie asks "why didn't you tell us sooner"
I tell them "I wanted to make it past the first trimester incase something happened"
I then say "I want to wait those two weeks before everyone else finds out"
They all agree not to tell anyone.
We talk for about an hour before they all leave.