Chapter 8

Jane pov...
I end the call with Casey and wonder what he said hanging up, I couldn't quite hear it.
I pack my bags of the few things I want to take and some clothes. I make sure to get a range as I don't know how long I will be gone.
I am finished packing and put everything into my car so I can leave straight away tomorrow as I have to leave at 5am to make it to the airport on time ready for my flight.

I have dinner as watch TV when there is a knock on my door. I open it and it's Ma.
I look at her, realise and say "sorry Ma..."
She cuts me off and says "Frankie got home and told me about replacing you in the unit for a while, why didn't you tell me"
"Sorry Ma I only found out this afternoon and had to get everything ready for me to leave in the morning also Casey and I had already planned a call so I had to be ready for that" I explain
"What were you two talking about?" She asks
"I had to tell him about the baby" I say
"Will your new job be harmful to the baby?" She asked concerned.
"No, they know so I won't be put in harm and I hopefully shouldn't be gone for too long" I tell her.
She hugs me and says "make sure you two are safe and come home soon"
"I will Ma, don't worry"
We sit down on the couch and talk for a while. It's nice to do this as we haven't always have the type of relationship where did this. We end up falling asleep while watching TV. My alarm goes off and I have to get ready to go to the airport, I try to be quiet as it is 4:30am but I still manage to wake Ma up.
She looks at me and says "go back to sleep"
I tell her "I can't Ma, I need to leave soon"
I finish getting ready and head for the door, she calls out "bye Janie, love you"
I smile and says "love you too Ma"
I drive and head to the airport.