Chapter 14

Jane pov...
I wake up at 4:30 to the kicking in my stomach, that is better than 1. I stay lying in bed without falling asleep until 5 when Maura wakes up and sees me. She looks at me and I can tell she is wondering why I am awake so I place her hand on my stomach so she can feel all the kicks. She smiles and says "have they been doing that long"
I shake my head and say "no only half an hour"
Maura smiles and says "why don't we go out for breakfast before I have to go to work"
I nod so we get up and get ready and head out to breakfast.

We finish breakfast and walk out to the car. Maura asks "how are you"
I smile and say "I'm am amazing but I do miss my coffee"
She smiles and says "that's good and you could have decaf coffee"
I shake my head and say "the smell of any coffee makes me feel sick"
She laughs and I say "let's book in for a scan today so we can learn the gender of our baby"

We book the scan for 9:30, Maura starts work at 8 so she has to go in for a hour and then can have the next few hours off.
We arrive at BPD and she goes straight down to the morgue, I tell her "I will be in your office soon but first I want to go see the guys and Cavanaugh wants to see me"
She nods and we go off our ways. I go over to Korsak and he is so focused on his work he doesn't notice until I tap his shoulder. He looks at me and say "Jane your back"
I say "hi"
Frankie and Frost look up from there desks and see me they come over and hug me. Frankie says "I missed you Janie" and Frost nods.
I smile and say "I missed you guys too"
Cavanaugh walks out of his office and asks "what is going on out here?"
He sees me and says to me "my office now"
I nod and say to the guys "back soon" and walk into Cavanaugh's office. He says "good to see your back does that mean the other case is over"
I nod and he asks "how far along are you now then"
I say "about 7 months"
He nods and says "you are on mandatory maternity leave until at least three months after your baby is born. Take it easy"
I nod and say "thank you"
I am free to leave so I go back out to the guys and talk for a little bit before going down to Maura.
I get into her office and say "I didn't miss the smell of this place"
She laughs and says "does it make you sick?"
I shake my head and say "no the only thing that makes me sick now is the smell of coffee"
She says "that must really suck for you"
I nod and say "yeah it does"
She smiles and says "well good news we can leave and go to your scan now"