Chapter 5

Jane pov...
I am eating my dinner when Cavanaugh walks in and says "why did I find out that you are in hospital by overhearing Frost and Korsak talking about whether to come see you in hospital"
I shrug and say "it's not important"
He says "really it's not important when on the job you go to hospital, what happened?"
"I got kicked in the stomach and it hurt so I got checked out" I explain.
"Since when do you go to hospital if something hurts" he asks
"Since I found I was pregnant" I say and then realise "shit wasn't meant to say that"
He looks surprised and says "your pregnant"
I just nod. He then says "you will be on desk duty when you go to work until after the baby is born"
I tell him "the doctor said I can be out in the field for another month"
He laughs and say "I'm saying you can't, desk duty and at seven months you will be put on maternity leave"
I take a deep breath and say "fine"
He says "goodbye detective see you at work"
I mumble "bye" and he leaves.

I finish my dinner and go to sleep. I wake up in the morning and get checked out again. The doctor clears me and I am discharged.
I leave and go home. I get ready for work and go in. I sit down at my desk and Frost walks in, he smiles and sits down.
I walk over to him and say "be careful if you talk about me as yesterday Cavanaugh heard you talking about me being in hospital so he came to see me to find out why"
"Sorry, I didn't think anyone heard" he says.
"All good but now I am forced into desk duty" I say.
He just laughs.