Chapter 9

*Harry's POV*

She was mine. Mine mine mine mine.

Mine and my jaguar's.

Even as I stared down at her as she rested beside me, head on my shoulder, I couldn't get over that fact.

My fingers delicately stroked back small strand of hair from Sabine's face.

The marking had drained energy from us both, and I resisted the urge to fall asleep right here next to my mate.

I glanced over my own mark and purred with approval.

The action caused Sabine's eyelids to flutter open, revealing her golden orbs underneath.

"Hey beautiful." I laughed as she nuzzled deeper into my neck.

"You smell good." She mumbled. "But it's not you. It's just your cologne."

"I'll let you find out my real scent soon, I swear."

"Good. Now lets go."

The quickness of her rising had me raising my eyebrows.

"What?" She asked innocently. "I am one of the fastest land creatures of all times..."

I growled playfully. "Well we'll see about that..."

The shredding of my clothes echoed silently through the forest, and I watched as Sabine's eyes roamed over my jaguars body.

She'd only seen me once in his form, and even then, it was quick and hasty.

"Nice." She muttered, and then dropped down to the ground in almost a second.

I jumped back, surprised.

Sabine was now her cat, a beautiful creature I could never tire looking at.

How'd you do that? I asked.

She stepped over and rubbed up against me.

What? Shift?

I shuddered as her furry cheek pressed against my chest.

No, I mean how'd you shift that quickly?

Sabine chuckled.

You don't let your jag get loose that much do you?

I thought for a second.

This was the most I've ever shifted in a week since I joined the band.

None of the boys transformed too much, for fear of being caught by paparazzi was too high.

We couldn't be the reason why mortals found out mythics existed.

No. I coughed up, finally answering. Not really.

My mate shook her head in shame.

Poor cat. If you did it more often it wouldn't take five seconds just to fully transform. Most weres can do it under three, and the quick ones, like me, the ones who shift almost hourly, can do it under a second.

I guess I'll just have to practice.

She licked my chin.

Guess so. 

I decidecd to lick her chin back and she purred.

I looked at her challengingly.

You say your so fast.....

I could almost feel the smirk she displayed.

I am. I don't mean to brag, but, hey.

Well let's race, Ill give you a five second  head start, you'll need it. I told her in a mocking voice.

My jaguar growled at me. Don't be cocky. You wouldn't be able to outrace her even if your the one who got the head start.

I scowled at his lack of confidence in us.

Sabine laughed.

Fine. Always take advantage of your opportunities. But trust me, big boy, you're the one who  needs the head start.

I ignored that remark, already having enough doubt in myself.

We'll race to that rock only about 800 meters from here, do you remember passing it?

She nodded.

Okay lets get started.....

On your mark...

Get set...

Go!

Sabine's body strided further and further away as I counted to five.

By the time I reached five, Sabine was already meters ahead of me.

Hurriedly pouncing onto the nearest tree, I dug out my claws and pushed myself through the branches, moving quickly.

Even though I had ran faster and harder than I ever have before, even taking a shortcut along the way, Sabine beat me by almost half a minute.

Bout time! She cried as I came into view, panting heavily.

I barely bared my teeth at her, and slumped to the ground, tired.

Sabine's golden eyes rolled around, as she walked over to me.

Humans have ran faster than that! She scolded as she curled up next to me.

I snarled half heartedly and picked myself up.

We should get going. If we jog we'll be back in a hour.

Ugh making me run more even after I beat you.

Let's just go.

Sabine  didn't move a muscle.

Saaaabbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeee. I whined. Please get up. I don't want the boys having to look for us.

She lifted her muzzle and peered up at me.

Fine. But only because you said please.

I  silently thanked her and we were on our way.

*Sabines POV*

The hour long journey was quiet, only the shallow panting and thudding of paws to be heard.

I kept sneaking glances at my mate through the corner of my eye.

He towered over me, and was much more built.

Harry's  muscles rippled throughout his patterned body with each stride.

My cheetah was still bouncing around with happiness, she loved the fact she had been found.

His green eyes flickered over to me for a second, and I rushed my head down, hoping he hadn't caught me looking at him.

My wish was ignored, for Harry's deep voice chuckled inside my head.

Cant get enough of me, can you?

I have no idea what your talking about. I played innocently.

Ya right. There's no need to be ashamed, beautiful, I love when you look at me.

His words rung with the truth, and for the hundredth time since I met One Direction, I was thankful cheetahs could not blush.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hola friends. Again I'm sorry it takes me a hundred years just to update but hey, school is almost over so hahaha!!

This chapter was pretty short and just a filler.

I don't know what th next date will be but defiantly before june.

Imma gonna try to update twice a month (every two weeks) from now on.

Anyways, spare a vote?

love yall