Chapter 13

Lilith

Something had told me not to go towards the handsome young man strolling nimbly in front of me. Perhaps I should have turned the other way, taken a different route, and my decision to keep walking proved to be lousy one when the stench of a wolf hit my nose.

The claws protruding from my hands at least did some damage before the bastard head-butted me, knocking me into a state of unconsciousness .

Now sitting here, my hands tied tightly around a juvenile sycamore tree, I contemplated what I could of done to not have gotten into this mess. Always going over my errors and mistakes was a habit of mine, for being less than perfect was not an option for me, Lilith Grey, soon to be leader of the Grey Leopard Pride.

A gust of wind had hundreds of tiny little raindrops pelting me, and I shivered involuntarily, not because I was cold, but because the breeze also brought the scent of the wolf.

I saw him before I heard him, the dark silhouette slowly approaching, his worn out tennis shoes sloshing in the mud with every step he took.

"Hello darling..." His voice seemed to the match the thunder up above, dark, intense, and frightening.

Straining my neck to peer up, I hissed at him, all the while baring sharp white fangs.

He clicked his tongue disapprovingly.

"Don't they teach you cats any manners."

"Not to ugly mongrels like you."

"No of course not, never would you need to treat a big bad wolf with respect." His sickly smile quivered slightly. "Well...not until you were broken into it."

His face was now inches before mine, and thinking irrationally, I spat at him.

His narcissistic grin barely faded as he ever so slowly pulled out a cloth and wiped it across his face.

"Perhaps we should shut that mouth of yours."

The saliva and rain drenched fabric tasted like soggy bread in my mouth, and I desperately tried to spit it out, but he shoved even farther down my throat, causing me to gag.

Help. Help me. We're in the forest. Just outside the border.

My mind link to the pride was a desperate one, but also a useless one.

The message seemed to drop dead, just like if I tried to communicate with my leopard, meaning only one thing.

"Wolfsbane." The man said humorously out loud, as if reading my thoughts. "You'd think after a few centuries of being hunted, we'd have generated an immunity to it."

"You were injected with a good dose, enough to keep your clan or whatever you call it from linking with you for a few hours. After that any more doses and you'll be dead. That makes it a problem for me. I cant have you dead, no, not yet anyways, but I cant have a bunch of feral felines chasing my tail."

"They'll find me. I'll kill you myself when they do. My pride would love to see their alpha rip the intruder's throat out. And once I'm done with you, I'll kill your friends, the one living in the old resort miles away."

I smirked proudly to myself, but it faltered as he glared at me, angrily confused.

"What friends?" He asked, the question almost a whisper.

"Uh...the..the ones. The one with that female cheetah and..."

"The cheetah?" His hand shot out and fisted my hairs roughly. "What was her name, tell me or I'll tear these precious strands out right now."