Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning feeling nice and refreshed, not. I was barley awake when Artemis jumped on me then dragged me out of my nice, comfortable, warm bed and made me get ready for pack training. Outside. In the cold. With (shudders) people. It wasn't even dawn yet, and I had a meeting with the alpha for one last check up before I started training. Make sure I had no injuries or anything and I could train. We walked to the alphas office and he and the pack doctor gave me the all clear. Thank goddess.
            The training was quite simple actually. I didn't even break a sweat. This was nothing compared to what Artemis was doing or even what the moon goddess made me do. The moon goddess may be sweet and kind, but she was one hell of a trainer. Artemis wasn't aloud to train with me and the rest of the pack, seeing as she is the alphas daughter and all. Speaking of alpha, he decided to check out how our training was going. I was really the only one he was looking at though. Strange. The wolfs that were training us were some of the stronger pack worriers. You could tell. But the one training Artemis was the strongest. "Cara may I speak to you now, please" the alpha said in a surprised tone. " I am surprised an ex-rouge could do all that without breaking a sweat. Most of our regular worriers have trouble even doing half of what they instructed. Even our stronger ones have trouble doing that. I mean 20 laps of the territory in 2 hours, 100 sit-ups, push-ups, and jumping jacks. Wow. I wish for you to train with my daughter after lunch and tomorrow morning. See how you get on" he said with a smirk "if all goes well Mrs Winters you may become beta in the near future". To say I was shocked would be an understatement. "Close your mouth, Cara. Or you'll catch flies" Artemis exclaimed, obviously finished training, nearly wetting herself laughing. But I just stood there jaw dropped. "I think Your dad just offered me a job as future beta" I stammered. She immedetly shut up laughing and looked equally shocked as me. Her shock faded and her smile was so big you thought her skin would tear. " OMG I'm so happy. My best friend is going to be Beta"she squealed. "He said maybe. If thing go well" i quickly added. "If what goes well Cara" she said as she warmed down so her muscles wouldn't seez up. "I have to train with you tomorrow" I replied no longer in a shock filled state.
             After lunch training was the same things only double. Me and Artemis raced everything. We raced at the laps and saw who was quicker at sit ups push-ups and jumping jacks. It was actually quite fun. In the afternoon me and Artemis just watched aload of movies, ate ice-cream, popcorn and junk food. I learned a bit of cool stuff of Artemis like I was actually staying in the alpha block of the house. We were currently in the alpha sitting room. Turns out Luna Athena wanted another child, although she secretly wanted another daughter, but she couldn't have another child so she decided that if an orphaned teen close to Artemis's age arrived she would adopt her or him as her own. Turns out she liked me best. Athena is currently in the kitchen baking cookies for us even though we told her not to. We were full already. I know werewolfs are famous for having bottomless stomachs. Everything we just ate found the bottom. Sadly. Oh well I'm just gonna have to use my secret weapon. My second stomach. Artemis says Athena's cookies are the best. "Suppose we can just have them for breakfast. What do ya think Artemis?"I questioned her. "BRILLIANT IDEA" she shrieked. We ended up sleeping on the couches that night. To lasy to go back to our rooms.
             Warm or not the cookies taste like heaven. Even for breakfast. I don't think Athena minds to much. She keeps telling me to call her mum, mother or mam. But I think I'll just call her Athena.

AN: The alphas sitting room above or to the side