Chapter 21

Ps before I start I just want to tell you all that I've changed how Soul looks slightly because I didn't feel like her looks would suit the second book correctly but here she is now. ⬆️⬆️⬆️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke to the buzzing of the alarm. It's okay this ones just for the wake up call ect. Or is it the alarm, alarm. No it's the wake up call. I hope. And on the workout clothes go. Time to see if they have been training well. I walked along the empty hallway searching for the dining room. Thud. Good going Cara. I look up to see a little girl. "Lead Mare Rosie asked could I help you around today" she grinned and her brown eyes matched her fawn coloured hair. I smiled back. "So you're really from here?" bless her and her cute little dimples. This little girl could be no older than 6. "Oh, my names Lilly by the way. I'm Rosie's little sister. What's yours?" She is so cute. "I'm Cara. Can we get food now? I'm starved" I said smiling and as if on que my stomach growled like Calumbo when I told him he couldn't have any of Athena's cookies. I miss that pup. Well he wasn't exactly a puppy cause he was 23 but he was like a little puppy to me. And just like that Lilly and I arrived at the dining room. It was quite classy for being underground. I filled up on toast and Nutella which probably wasn't a good idea because we were training after breakfast but okay. Well done Cara. Frickin' smart ass.
After breakfast Lilly lead me outside to the training area. I asked her if she wanted to come for a run on my back. She shook her head "I can canter beside you while you jog" we can shift between the ages of 5-9 I was quite a late shifter at 10. But those are just the average ages. I smiled. She shifted into an adorable little black filly about a meter in height. Her black coat sparkled as she bounced about.

I jogged slowly at first to see if she could keep up

I jogged slowly at first to see if she could keep up. She snorted. Okay I'll jog faster. Eventually we just ended up sprinting, or in her case galloping around the territory.
We got back and she shifted just in time to see everyone finish warming up. This is a good system they have here. They have teachers doing self defence classes for the kids. And the teenage girls are with the mares. And the teenage boys with the stallions. I miss doing that. Lilly ran off to join the other kids training and Rosie walked over to join me. "NOW EVERYONE!" They all look at Rosie "Cara will be examining the mares and stallions training for this upcoming war, and if she gives you any advice I HIGHLY suggest you take it as she is a professional and trained her herd up from full born rouges. And do not disrespect her please." She looked at the teenage boys for that last part. The boys looked me up and down. I rolled my eyes and smirked. "It's okay I'm more into girls anyway" I turned on my heal and walked off flicking my hair in the process. I looked at all the mares. "Just kidding. I hate everyone" I smiled. They all burst out laughing. Even Rosie. "Let's get this examination over with girls and you can have an early lunch. Or you go second and the guys cook you lunch. The choice is yours" I said grinning evilly. "Second" they chimed. "Okay well you guys have more time to practice so" I walked back over to the stallions and colts. "Okay boys start off simple with 500 push ups. Then 5 laps of the territory. And lastly fighting skills. NOW GO!" They started. Idiots. And 7 minutes not bad. But mine can do it in 5 minutes. 5 laps in an hour. Not bad either. Well I suppose they only jog and don't sprint like my herd. Oh well. Yay fighting. My fave bit. "OKAY LISTEN UP PLEASE! Everyone get a sparring partner. And remember don't go easy on them. No rules. Except don't kill them. Pin them then it's done. Start again. And GO!" Okay not bad. "Hey, miss, I don't have a partner will ya work with me?" He asked all to cockily. Colts. I smiled slightly. "Okay." He smirked at his friends. "Go" his face dropped like him as I tackled his body to the floor and pined him. "Word of advice mr. Don't try to get someone out of your league. And with a mate!" I snatched and walked around to examine the other groups. Good. Nice. Okay. Common mistakes........
And an hour later I had inspected their horses, fighting skills and told them to go make lunch for the ladies for after training. Overall it wasn't terrible but it wasn't good either. Yay girls next. They're nicer. And more determined.
After 500 push ups, 5 laps, fighting, 300 sit-ups, showers and lunch we were finished the training. I had to go now and check out the Silvermoon pack. And that was it. I had already checked the others and they were fine. Ugh time to go to my mates home pack. "Wish me luck Rosie. And tell Lilly I said bye". "Girl you don't need luck you've got skills and a 2 herds behind you" I thanked her for everything, hoped on my motorcycle and drove for hours until I reached my mates pack. Oh God. I parked it in the yard beside the fountain in front of the house. He was already outside the door waiting to greet me with his mate. Chester. And his mate. Id have to ask what's her name. I took a deep breath and gently slid the helmet off leaving it on the seat of the bike. "Cara how lovely to see you again. This is my mate Yvette." We shook hands. Tension was thick "and this is our daughter Cece. She's eight." And as he said that a little girl raced out, two Irish wolf hounds in tough.

I know what your saying: werewolfs + wolf hounds = disaster, but surprisingly they're quite affectionate and love running with wolfs

I know what your saying: werewolfs + wolf hounds = disaster, but surprisingly they're quite affectionate and love running with wolfs. The girls hair was a copper wisp of colour. She wore an orange hat and scarf which complemented her hair. She was wearing a denim dress, black knee high socks , a beige coat and brown combat boots. She swirled as she ran and stopped dead in her tracks the dogs nearly crashing into her. She looked me right in the eye, something bearly anyone will do to me anymore, and carefully walked to me. "Hi Cara. It's been along time sense we saw you and......." She looked down sadly "mummy said were not suppose to talk about him in front of you anymore" i looked down at her. "It's okay. Do you want to show me around again. If your mum and dad don't mind?" I looked at them and smiled slightly. They smiled back. "Oh we came up with names sense last time you were here. This is Winn Dixie" she exclaimed pointing loudly to the smaller wolf hound with the pink collar "and this is Ralph because daddy got to name him" she said pointing to the other dog with the turquoise collar.
She dragged me to almost every room in the house. And finally took me to the yard where they train. "Thanks a bunch Cece. I'll be in for dinner later." I said as I waved to her walking towards Chester. "I like to start with stall... Sorry boys first then the girls." He smiled, nodded and signalled for the boys to listen. I said the same as I did with Rosie's herd. Push ups. Laps. Sit ups. Then Fighting. Both groups passed with flying colours so Chester, Yvette and I went to the alphas quarters to have dinner with Cece. God I love that kid.
Seeing as I had 2 cans of beer they told me to stay. I was very grateful. At least they didn't put me in his room. I ended up waking up in the middle of the night and going to sleep where Calumbo's scent was strongest, his old room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well that took forever. I hope you all enjoyed and incase you haven't please check out my best friends book 'Race With the Wind' by Sarahdoc  please do read it she works very hard in getting chapters up in between her busy sporting life unlike me, a lazy sack of potatoes xD she's on chp 40 somethin and I'm on 21 and she started after me. So lol. Anyway. Read it. And vote and comment. By guys. See you for my next chapter, next year, jk lel.