Chapter 17 - Oh sweet books

We drove to the library in Soul's black and white Lamborghini. Ye, she likes fast cars. The library was massive. It had three stories of head to toe books. In the centre of the building was a glass dome on the roof. "I'll meet you here in about two hours. Or I'll link you" we walked in different directions inhaling the smell of the old worn leather and new pages being turned. It was a shifters only library. There were all kinds of shifters here. The librarians were cats, some wolfs, a few horses and surprisingly a few deer and birds too. Deer are really easily frightened and it depends on your type of bird, that makes up your personality. Like robins might be more shy than falcons. Or vultures are more devious than herons. I dodged many shifters. I knew what I was looking for. A book on fox shifters. "F,f,f,f,f..........." I mumbled finally I looked up from the shelf yanking a book with me. 'Fox shifters (non-fiction)' I smiled and then my face dropped when I saw the width of the spine. Ughhhh. This will take forever "no it won't. Wait. Why didn't you just ask me?" Kandy blasted. As usual "because your an annoying little shit." I stated truthfully. "Awwwwww...... That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me" she spoke in her annoyingly high pitched voice. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh. "Don't forget we have to pack. Lol get it. Were wolfs. Pack" why did the moon goddess pair me with this thing. "I am YOUR thing, thank you very much." She replied smirking. I rolled my eyes and blocked her out again. Wait. How long was I talking to her. An hour and a half. Guess I'll have to check out this book. I met Soul. She got a fictional story called 'Race with the Wind' by a really good author Sarahdoc I already read it. It's a really good book about a racehorse. That's a good idea actually. "Will you help me pick an extra book just incase I finish this one?" I asked. She smiled and we walked over to the fictional side of the library with me. Eventually I picked up a book 'shifting skies' by pixiwolf sounds good. We walked up to the counter. We smiled a friendly smile at the librarian a.........sphinx cat "Hi can we get library cards, please" the sour woman scowled but nodded and went off to get papers. A nice, lean, tall, woman, cheetah I think, came back with the papers. "Sorry about Tina, she's not usually this bad. She just had to go out for a run. Her cat was bugging her" the nice lady said politely. "It's fine" Soul said smiling. I just kept smiling and nodded. I was afraid of what would come out of my mouth. "Just sign here and I'll get them for you now" 'Ciara' as her name tag said, replied and pointed to a line on the bottom of the page. I signed it. So did Soul. "Would you like me to check these books out for you?" She asked. "Please" I just about got out without saying something to upset someone. Good job, Cara. Good job. You deserve a treat. "Wanna get more ice cream for the freezer? I think I'm about to run out" I directed to Soul. "This is like the sixth day in a row your getting ice cream for yourself" she parented. "Yes mom" I mocked " And I can't help it. I eat fast when Calumbo's away. You know that" I said as we thanked Ciara and left. "Ughhhhhh fine. Just get enough for tomorrow as well" I grinned. "Thanks mama" I said in a childish way. She just giggled.
           ..........92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,200. Finally 200 tubs of cookie dough ice cream. After we payed and loaded them into the car we drove home in silence while I ate an extra tub I bought for the car ride home. Which was only five minutes. But I still managed to eat two thirds of the carton. Nice Cara. Nice. We pulled up outside the pack mansion. "Now get your crap out of my car" Soul joked laughing as we pulled about 8 big, heavy bags from the boot of the car. That's how many bags fit 200 tubs of ice cream. People didn't care that we were hauling our asses plus 200 tubs of ice cream up the stairs. They knew A. Not to go near my food so B. They couldn't help. Nice going Soul. Next time. I'm just getting one day supply. Not two like this time. I think she realised this too.
         After I forced Soul to put my ice cream in the freezer I decided on a shower. For some strange reason my brown hair is turning silver. Not like an old people hair, I'm only 22, silver as in a Moon Goddess silver. Maybe this is what happens to all heirs. I'll ask her. I was about five minutes into my shower when there was a flash of light and I was in casual clothes. "Hay Cara" (lol get it) the moon goddess puffed. "Hay aunt Rita. I have one question. Why is my hair turning silver?" I asked. I know you should never question the moon goddess but what the heck. "Your getting old" she answered in a teenager tone. "Very funny. I'm not even 25 yet. What's going on?" I replied bemused. She sighed. She never sighs. Not even when I spilled coffee on her dress. The only time I heard her sigh was when she told me my parents...............died. "Rita? Why did you call for me?" She sighed again. "Calumbo......... He......" She started but couldn't finish. "He's dead isn't he. Who killed him Rita?" I said softly but full of sadness and anger. "Who killed him Rita?!?" I spoke more harshly. I was heartbroken. "It was The Lead Mare of the Celestial herd" she tried to soothe, but failed. Kandy screamed at the loss of her mate. Then she whimpered. Then we both cried. I teleported myself and Kandy back to reality. That's when the pain hit. Like a blunt rock trying to slice your heart out, but just ends up hitting you instead.
              I spent the next week in my room. Not eating. Nothing. Not even ice cream. I couldn't even describe the pain I was feeling. I was empty. My mark was slowly fading to an unwanted scar. And my hair got more silver then just turned into a dull grey from lack of sunshine. No one came in. No one left. They knew. As soon as I stepped out of the shower the phone rang. Telling them the news. The loss was felt all through the herd. Not because they loves him as dearly as me. But because I loved him and they love me. They can feel depression slowly kicking in. I was emotionless. It wasn't until Neva drove me to my senses did the anger and blood thirst kick in. The blood thirst for royal Celestial blood. That bitch will pay if it's the last thing I do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm gonna make this a little longer because the last chapter was so short. Sorry about that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rita came to visit. She told me about someone, or in particular some wolf, that may be able to help me. She said she was in Artemis' pack last time she checked. Her name is Miki. "Hey Arti can I come over? I need to speak to one of your pack members." I asked. "Sure why don't you bring Calumbo too" she said completely clueless to what's going on. "I need to talk to you when I get over there too" I stuttered on the last part.
             She ran out and hugged me when I got there. "Where's Calumbo?" She questioned. I nearly burst into tears right there and then. "Let's get you inside, we can talk about it." She said trying to make things better but still not realising that mistake.
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
There you go guys. A nice info filled chapter. Safe reading. 😂😂😂😂😂