Chapter 6

Artemis and I trained together for a while everyday for 3 years until we were both 18. Our birthdays are only a month seperate. I'm on January 1st, like most horses, and Artemis is on on February 1st. Artemis still doesn't know I'm a horse shifter, but I do plan on telling her soon. I haven't found my mate yet, thank the moon goddess. Artemis found her mate on her birthday. It was the last betas son. The one who was meant to be beta before the Alpha offered me the job. He only marked her. Me and Artemis are currently eating Athena's prize winning cookies, you guessed it, for breakfast. It's a habit we got into.
I think I should tell her I'm a horse shifter before we become alpha and beta. The cerimony is in less than a week. I'm gona tell her today. "Artemis, wanna go to the waterfall now?"."Sure meet you there in 5 minutes". We found the waterfall a while back. When we were running around the territory. We come here to think and talk. No one in the pack knows about it. It's our little secret. The run there is only 5 minutes long, so it doesn't take very long. "Artemis please don't hate me for this but Imahorseshifter" Artemis just sat there, jaw-dropped.
"OH MY GOD THATS AWSOME" Artemis surprisingly squealed"your not mad I kept it from you" "Na I can't be mad at my best friend, and I always wanted a horse shifter in my pack. But wait if your a horse shifter. How can you turn into a wolf too?" "Well. Myherdgotattackedandihadtoruntoac avemyparentsshowedmeasachildandthemoongoddesswasthereandshesaidiwasherequalandihadtojoinapackbutbeforethatsheshowedmehowtoshiftintoallkindsofanimals. Oh wow that was tiring." And yet again she sat there jaw-dropped. "Ok try that but slower this time" Artemis said."ok my herd got attacked and I had to run to a cave my parents showed me as a child and the moon goddess was there and she said I was her equal and I had to join a pack but before that she showed me how to shift into all kinds of animals. And witches and angels and demons and....." "I get it. I get it. Now show me your horse" she chirped. I quickly shifted and ugh I should just staple her mouth closed because it seems she has no control over her jaw. "Oh my goddess your horse is gorgeous". "Thank you" Kandy chirped in my head. I shifted back with my clothes on. I can only do that in horse form though. "Let's get back before your dad sends out a search party" I kidded. We shifted into our wolfs and carried out clothes home.
               We cleared everyone out of the gym when we got back and showed Athena and Apollo. "Oh we knew honey. Rita is a good friend of mine. I have to give you credit for that backstory though. Really well thought out." Athena chuckled. "Thats why she told me to come here" i replied. And once again "Artemis please take some control over your jaw today before we have to clear a birds nest out of there you've had it open so long" We all went up and had dinner