Chapter 64

The next two weeks I did my absolutely best to be too busy to think. I had just finished cleaning one of the tanks when Jason offered me a hand as I surfaced. "Your phone's been blowing up," he smiled as he helped me up and out of the freezing water.

"My phone?" I asked confused.

"Yeah. Over and over, so I came to get you."

"Oh, okay."

Jason handed me a towel and my phone. As I was drying my hands, it went off again.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"What? Trent?"

"Are you at the aquarium?"

"Yes."

"Okay, thanks,"

The phone clicked dead. "Um, okay, that was weird."

"Trent?" Jason asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Trent." I nodded. "But that was weird. Even for us."

Jason just smiled. "Go get cleaned up, you smell like fish." Jason teased.

"Probably because I've been swimming with fish." I laughed.

I was halfway to my office to change when I heard my name and my heart about stopped in my chest.

"Mikaela," Trent smiled as he came trotting down the hallway.

"How? What? But-" I started and before I could form an intelligent thought Trent's arms wrapped around me and his lips were on mine. When he pulled back, I was completely breathless. "I smell bad," was the first thing I blurted out, my cheeks heating up.

"I don't care," Trent chuckled.

"This is not exactly how I pictured this." I admitted, still feeling embarrassed and self-conscious in my wet suit.

"Oh?" Trent mused, his arms still locked around my waist. "And how did you picture this?" He whispered before giving me a chaste kiss.

"Not smelling like fish is a start," I laughed as he peppered kisses down my neck.

Trent chuckled. "Baby, it's been so long since I held you that I don't think I could care less." Trent looked me in the eye. "Especially if that means I get to take a shower with you."

I flushed, bright red, I'm sure. "Well not here."

"Pity. Then we're leaving."

"Let me grab my things," I agreed.

It wasn't long before I was in Trent's little red sports car and he was zipping through traffic. We pulled up to the Ralston downtown. I wasn't surprised to see the paparazzi. Trent grabbed my hand and charged through them. Once inside he swept me up in his arms and kissed me as he pressed the elevator button.

"Trent," I protested. "I'm gross."

"You're mine." Trent shot back. "And you're beautiful. And I don't care." Trent shrugged as we waited to the elevator to finish its climb.

When the elevator chimed I gasped. "What's this?"

"The penthouse suite." Trent breathed. He set me down and reached for my zipper. "Let's get you into something more comfortable," Trent suggested as he nipped at the back of my neck and pulled the zipper down. Before I could protest, he was helping me out of my suit. When I turned around Trent was only in his boxers.

"Well, you work fast," I laughed.

"I have missed you, baby." Trent carried me into the shower. We cleaned ourselves up and lost ourselves in each other.