Chapter 19

Well my darlings, I hope you enjoy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 19

"Today is going to be fun." Trent promised again. "Will you trust me?"

"With what?" I asked, feeling suddenly suspicious at the look on his face.

"Now, I know you hate surprises, but we've already come this far. I want this to be a surprise, let me cover your eyes."

"What? Like blindfold me?"

"Yeah," Trent nodded.

"I have this funny feeling you're asking but it's not really a request."

Trent gave me a sheepish grin. "You're getting to know me just as well as I'm getting to know you." He chuckled. "So?"

I sighed. "I have the feeling I'm going to regret this."

Trent pulled over. "You're going to enjoy this."

"No funny business."

"Me?" Trent asked, feigning innocence.

"You heard me." I growled, my arms crossed over my chest.

Trent just laughed. "Alright, alright, no funny business."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I took in a calming breath. I was so going to regret this. "Ugh, fine." Trent reached behind himself and unzipped his bag and pulled out a scarf. "I'm going to hate this." I sighed.

"Close your eyes." Trent whispered as he tied the scarf around my head. "It'll be worth it, I promise."

"It better - mphm." I was stopped from my retort by Trent's soft lips on mine. It was just a quick peck and he pulled away. "I said no funny business!" I snapped as I reached up to pull the blindfold up, but Trent steadied my hands.

"I couldn't help myself." Trent offered. I could picture the mischievous smirk on his face. "Let's go."

I felt Trent pull back onto the highway. "I hate surprises."

That damn masculine chuckle he liked to use sounded between us and I wanted to smack him. "I know."

"This better be freaking worth it."

"It is."

"Better be." I grumbled. I wasn't kept in the dark for long. I felt the car pull to a stop. "Can I see yet?"

"Not yet."

Trent got out and opened my door. He took one of my hands. "There's a step up." I let him help me out of the car. "Wait a second." A moment later he scooped me up into his arms.

"Put me down!"

"You might trip."

"Then let me see."

"And ruin the surprise? I don't think so. Besides, last time I had you like this, you seemed to enjoy it."

"What are you talking about?"

"Last night, when you fell asleep on the couch. How do you think you got into bed?"

"Well, I just,"

"I carried you. You don't remember?"

"No."

"Hmm, well then, I guess I won't tell you what you said."

"What? What did I say?"

"Don't worry about it."

"No, you tell me damn it." I snapped. I felt Trent chuckle as he just kept walking. I noticed wherever we were smelled beautiful. "Where are we?"