Chapter 16

Enjoy!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 16

"Where are you going?" I heard Trent call from the bathroom.

"Just grabbing a coffee," I called back, hoping to get out of the door before he came over.

"Oh?" Trent strode over and leaned against the door and crossed his arms over his well sculpted chest. Why on earth wasn't he wearing a shirt? "But you hate when other people make your coffee. They don't make it right."

I was too tired to fight. "Please move Trent. I don't want to be late."

"Late? Meeting someone?"

"Excuse me, Trent." I sighed. I did not want to have this conversation with him right now.

"Who are you going to meet?"

"Trent, please, just move." Trent nodded and took a step to the side.

"Thank you," I smiled just before he pushed me against the door and gave me a mind numbing kiss. "Wh-what?"

"You're welcome." Trent smirked. "Miss me while you're gone,"

"Um, yeah, sure," I muttered as I jerked the door open and practically ran out, while I heard Trent chuckling as I went. He had to stop doing that! I made my way to the coffee shop across the street. He was already there. Waiting for me. I felt my heart flutter in my chest. I did not want to do this. But at the same time, Rory was my friend, I owed him this much at least. I tapped on his shoulder as I went to sit across from him. "Hey,"

"Hey you," He smiled up at me. Maybe Trent was crazy. Then again, maybe he wasn't.

"Can I be blunt?"

"Um, sure?"

"Good, because I don't know how else to ask this. Trent seems to think that you're in love with me. Is that true or is Trent crazy?"

Rory paled a shade. "What?"

"Rory, something is going on with you, something that hasn't been there before. What is it? We've always told each other everything. Since when has that changed?"

Rory looked down at his hands which he had firmly clasped in his lap. "Kae, it's just, you mean more to me than anyone else." Rory looked up at me, his blue eyes pleading. "That douchebag isn't good enough for you! He's using you! Can't you see that?"

It was my turn to sigh. "Yes, Rory, I'm well aware that I'm being toyed with. I'm an ignorant pawn in his game of chess."

"Doesn't that bother you!" Rory stood up, wringing his hands through his hair.

"Of course it bothers me!" I hissed. "Now sit down." Rory obliged. "Rory, you've known me for how long?"

"Since freshman year."

"And in all this time, I dare say you've gotten to know me." Rory nodded. "So what in the world makes you think I'm happy about the situation I'm currently in?"

"You looked pretty happy earlier," Rory snorted.

I gave him a flat look. "That was uncalled for."

"Sorry,"

"Rory, I'm caught up in some game that I can't win. Right now, my goal is just to get through it with my team, my research, my sanity, and my dignity intact. To do that, I'm going to need you. I need you on my side."

Rory nodded. "I'm always on your side."

"It doesn't feel like it, not since I've been back. I didn't intent to bring an extra two hundred pounds of baggage back with me from Vegas, but for right now, he's here and he's not going anywhere for a while."