Chapter 6

The sun has gone down and the wind has started to pick up blowing my hair everywhere, "get your hair out of my face!" Mika complains as he wipes it out of his face, "Tie it up or something."

I roll my eyes and pull my hair to one side, "It's not my fault that the wind is so strong."

He stops and looks at me as I turn around stopping in my own tracks, "but, it's your fault it's so long and down." I cross my arms and turn away from him looking down the deserted side street we're walking on.

"I'm not cutting my hair so stop complaining." I mumble as I continue to walk down the pavement. I wonder what that angel was doing before... We saw him multiple times after we walked away and went to follow up on some clues my sister left. He stays standing where he was causing me to turn around again, "Mika come on, it's cold out here. I want to go home." I whine, but, shut up as soon as I see him staring down an ally way, "Mika?" He doesn't move as I call him. Slowly I walk towards him looking down the alley way to see a white cat. Seriously? Has he never seen a cat before?

I grab his forearm trying to pull him away once the cat ran the other way, "somethings wrong." He mumbles as he slowly turns his head to look down the street were walking on.

I let go and raise my eye brow, "How can you tell?"

He shakes his head and starts to walk down the street grabbing hold of my wrist, "let's blame it on intuition." We make it two steps before something, more like someone lands in front of us as if he just dropped from the sky. Bright, large white wings, almost glowing hang next to him. He stays kneeled on the floor, his head hanging low. Mika pushes me behind me before taking a step back. Wait, is that the angel? I feel my heart start to race as he looks up, a white mask concealing the right side of his face. I didn't get to look at his face at the café because Mika wouldn't let me, I doubt he was wearing that. The only thing that looks the same is his hair, white hair, but, it doesn't make him look old, it makes him look quite handsome.

"I never thought I'd see someone of your kind here." Mika growls as his right hand brightens with blue flames.

A chuckle is heard from the angel as he stands up stretching his wings out making them look huge, "I could say the same for you," he pauses as he flicks his hair out his eyes, "Mika."

A sharp breath leaves my lips as I grab hold of Mika's coat on his back, "I'm on business." He violently spoke. He really doesn't like this guy, but, why won't Mika say his name?

"Does she know?" He asks genuinely concerned. Do I know what? I poke my head out to see him look at me, "Jamie." He smiles, well, from the half of his face I can see it looks like he's smiling.

I go to speak, but, Mika stops me, "no. I'm not as stupid as you think." I begin to emerge from behind him, intrigued by the conversation going on that I'm being excluded from.

"What don't I know?" I abruptly speak up making them both look at me. The angel's wings flap as he looks back at Mika, "tell me." I command, but, Mika even shakes his head.

"You'll find out soon enough." Mika speaks as his body tenses, "With a matter like this, I am not permitted to tell you this even if you command me too." He looks away from me and back to the angel. It looks like he's about to attack him. Confusement clouds my mind. Why can't he tell me? This breaks our contract, he can't do that! I step forwards only to be grabbed my Mika ripping me back behind him.

"Ow!" I yelp as I push him away grabbing my wrist. Almost as soon as those words left my lips, the angel runs forwards grabbing Mika before flying up into the air. The force of his wings pushing up, sending me to fall backwards onto the floor, "Whoa."