Chapter 7

My mind wakes, but, my eyes stay closed. Where am I? The beds so comfortable, what happened before? Finally my senses come back to me allowing me to hear three people talking. Mika's voice instantly stands out, I feel someone holding my left hand, but, I won't look. I need to hear this.

"Why did you even come down?" Mika asks, a hint of anger in his voice.

"She's in danger, from you, her father and a handful of angels and demons who want to get to her throne." That voice... Jasper? That was real? I can feel my nose go tingly as I fight the urge to scrunch my eyes up.

"Mika, this is a huge issue. Hades needs her to complete the ritual. He won't kill her, but, he needs her by his side," A woman's voice is heard, but, it's oddly familiar. I just can't put my finger on it.

I hear Mika sigh as the grasp on my hand becomes tighter showing me it's him who's holding my hand, "I know." My heart stops beating as those words leave his lips. He knew about that whole thing? "I also know she's got more power than him, even as a half breed." Half what?!

"What we witnessed was something Hades doesn't have. He can't protect people like that," the girl starts, but, is cut off by Jasper.

"Not that he's tried," I can hear the irritation in his voice, "he doesn't protect anyone. Every man for himself." He sighs heavily.

Jaspers voice is making me weak, I thought he was dead, after six years, he was watching over me this whole time? Why didn't he come down when I was crying over him and let me know he was still there? A tear escapes my eye causing everyone to fall silent, "Shh." Mika warns everyone as I feel a hand on my cheek, "Jamie?" Mika's voice is calm yet worrying.

My eyes flutter open, "Mika," I stare at him as a huge smile takes over his face. Without hesitation he falls into me wrapping his arms around me, burying his face into my neck. Almost as soon as he does it, I wrap my arms around him pulling him closer to me as I rest my forehead on his shoulder. I worried him this much? His hand comes up to the back of my head as he stokes my hair causing a comforting feeling to run through me. Slowly I look up to see Jasper standing next to a window he was obviously sitting on before. I stop myself form crying as a smile appears on his face, relief written all over his face. He has changed so much since his death. I didn't know angels still aged in heaven or hell.

"You've been out for three days..." The woman speaks causing me to snap my head towards her and Mika to pull away from me. Alex? My best friend from high school is here, but, why? How did she know about any of this?

"Alex?" I mumble as I sit up. She smiles as she blows a piece of her black hair out her face, "I haven't seen you in two years." I smile back.

She rubs the nape of her neck, "there is an answer for that. I wanted to keep in contact, but, things happened." She tries to cover the sadness in her voice, but, I can hear it.

I suddenly realise she's in a room with two people from the afterlife. I slowly look at Mika, without moving my head, my eyes look back at Alex, "Does, she know about you two?" I whisper, but, because it's so quiet she heard me.

"Mm, I do." She chimes in as I snap my head to look at her. Curiosity clouds me and apparently it was obviously what I was thinking. Before I can even ask how, she blinks and her eyes turn black red veins running over them. I throw my hands up in the air before letting them fall back on the bed.

"Great. I'm the only alive one in this room." I groan causing them all the laugh loudly. This isn't funny, I'm actually slightly annoyed at this. It's not that I want to be dead, but, why are my only friends dead? Wow that's depressing.

"How do you think I feel? I'm surrounded by two powerful demons. It's good to see you still have your sense of humour," Jasper laughs causing me to look at him to see him walking towards me and sitting on the edge of the bed. Wait where am I?