Chapter 8

I stare at him completely sickened by his mother's actions. What kind of person can do that to their own son?! My hands are locked over my mouth as tears threaten to spill, my body trembling as I imagine the story he just told me. It was so graphic, he remembers that so well... He looks up at me, complete confusement on his face. His blue eyes scan over my body looking at me trembling, "Why are you upset about that? It didn't happen to you," He asks as he reaches up and grabs my hand pulling it away from my mouth, my other hand still in front of it.

My hand trembles even more as he takes hold of it, "if you tell anyone something like that, they're going to freak out... Especially if they want to protect you," my voice cracks as I blink realising my eyes were wide that whole time he was telling the story.

"You can't carry that burden with you," he sighs as he plants a small kiss on my hand trying to calm me down.

I shake my head letting my tears fall out, "I can try! You don't have to deal with that by yourself!" I throw myself at him wrapping my arms around his neck crying into his shoulder. He wraps his arms around my frail body squeezing me tightly, "do you remember that pain? The physical pain?" I ask.

He doesn't move apart from his body tensing letting me know he does, but, doesn't want to tell me. My eyes shoot open in shock as I move my right hand to the back of his head pulling him closer to me, "I'm okay, really," he mumbles against my shoulder that he's leaning his head on.

I shake my head and squeeze my eyes tight, "if you act that way and remember that, that clearly, then you're not," I sob. I want to protect him, I want him to be happy, but, that can't happen when he's holding that against himself for being too weak. I'm guessing she killed him on his 12th birthday by ripping his heart out. I don't want him to feel this way again, I want to carry that burden with him, and he doesn't have to do this alone! Maybe if he lets go of this feeling and pain, he can go up to heaven. Maybe that's just what I want to happen, but, it's worth a shot.

"You're definitely going to heaven..." He mumbles as he pulls away grabbing my chin softly, his actions reminding me of the harshness his mother inflicted on him. A sad smile plays on his face as I stare in his eyes. Butterflies fill my stomach as our faces as so close together, I've never kissed him before and I really want too, but, I don't know if he wants too. He looks down at me as he moves my chin up slightly to stare into my eyes. I swallow hard as he looks at my lips and back at my eyes. That's it. He leans in pressing his lips on mine, my eyes close as soon as he does. His lips feel warm against mine as he brings his hand up to my hair, his other on my lower back pulling me closer. I move my lips against his slowly with as much passion I can muster. I wonder if this is his first kiss due to being pretty much imprisoned his all childhood. I climb onto his lap to deepen the kiss causing him to smile into the kiss, I let out a slight giggle causing him to pull away, "what's so funny?" He asks as he moves a strand of my hair out of my face. I bring my hands up and push all his hair away from his face making him look like someone who just crawled out of a sewer, but, I don't care. He's still beautiful.

"I didn't know demons could feel this much emotion..." I giggle as I peck his lips, my hands staying in his hair as his wrap around the small of my back.

He shrugs and shuffles slightly as he places his legs up on the bed, still holding onto me, he places me comfortably on his lap so I'm straddling his hips, his back against the bed head, "Perks of being in a contract with an emotional female," He chuckles causing me to smile, "wow, I thought for sure you were going to hit me for that one," he laughs slightly.

I furrow my eye brows as I move closer towards torso, "do you want me to hit you?" I ask as a joke.

He shakes his head and smiles bringing his hand away from my back and placing it on my left cheek, "for some reason, everything you do to me, I feel as if I was alive again," I snuggle my face into his hand that's still holding my cheeks.