One

So I'm just saying this once more, I do not own any characters, spells, or ideas besides anything I have created. Full credit for anything taken from Harry Potter goes to J.K. Rowling! Hope you all enjoy! Btw, descriptions of each character will be based on the movies but everything else will be based on the book except maybe a few parts that work better the way they were in the movie.
_____________________________________________________

Faye's POV:
'You're going back, you're going back, you're going back! No excuses, you can't hide forever!' These words ran through my head as I walked through King's Cross station, pushing my trolley with my trunk and owl. I froze when I found the familiar brick wall, muggles brushing past me, completely oblivious as to what was on the other side.

'Here goes nothing' I thought to myself as I ran straight at the brick wall between platforms 9 and 10... that is, before I lost the nerve...

As I emerged through the other side and saw the Hogwarts express I felt a brick drop into the pit of my stomach. 'Why can't I just go back in time? Then I could force myself to show up for my sixth year, knowing that I would have to go back the following year to graduate' I thought in my head again as I approached the train, lugged my trunk and my owl through the door, and dragged them behind me as I searched for an empty compartment. I had to admit, having no one to say goodbye to made this whole process much easier.

So if it wasn't obvious, I don't really want to be back at Hogwarts this year. I blew off my sixth year because I never wanted to have anything to do with the wizarding world again. Not after what happened to my mum, and especially because of a secret that I can't tell anyone about, mostly because my trust is very hard to come by these days.

I was almost at the end of the train and I was beginning to give up on the idea of getting an empty compartment, so I opened the one closest to me and everyone inside stopped talking. Two girls were sitting on one side that were in my year, and their mouths were slightly open as they took in my presence. The other two boys seemed to be younger, but I do remember seeing them around Hogwarts a couple of years back.

"Um, well I was going to ask if I could sit here but I guess this compartment is full" I mumbled as they all gave me either scared, confused, or shocked expressions. I closed the door feeling not at all surprised. I knew there would be rumors about me, I mean obviously. When I was in Hogwarts a year ago I was a very loud and outgoing student. I guess I lost some of that over this past year when I had to start looking after myself more and, well, grow up.

I grabbed my trunk and my owl and continued down the train. I finally found a compartment with only one other person inside. I slid the door open and when she didn't look up at me I cleared my throat. She looked away from the window and took in my presence. She had long, light blonde hair, and her eyes gave off a look that made her seem almost surprised.

"Hello," she said in a very light and dreamy voice.

"Um, hi. Do you mind if I sit? Everywhere else is full" I asked her and her lips just barely formed a smile.

"I don't mind at all," she said in the same light voice. I put my trunk on the shelf opposite her's and took my seat underneath it, placing my owl next to me.

"I'm Faye by the way" I smirked because that rhymed. I always used to say that and it always put a smile on my face, kinda like my own inside joke. "Faye Montgomery" I held out my hand to her and she shook it.

"I'm Luna Lovegood" a faint smile appeared on her face again and I resisted the urge to tell her that her name was the same as my middle name. She glanced at my owl. "What's its name?" She asked.