Twelve

What's up my peeps
_____________________________________________________
Faye's POV:
The snow was falling lightly and covering the ground in Hogsmeade. It's currently one day after Fred asked me to the ball and Dawn insisted that the both of us go dress shopping together today. I was walking with her and the twins through the village when she decided to steal me away.

"That isn't fair, can't we come with you?" Fred asked us. "How come you get Faye all to yourself?"

"Calm down lover boy" Dawn dismissed him. I rolled my eyes at her, deciding to pick up the conversation.

"You really wanna go into a packed dress shop with Dawn and sit around while we both try on a million dresses and cry over the fact that nothing looks good on us?" I asked him and he scrunched up his face.

"Wow Faye, you make shopping sound amazing," he said sarcastically.

"Well I for one would much rather hit Honey Dukes and Zonkos" George chimed in. Fred looked at him and then back at me.

"We'll meet up later, yea?" He asked and I smiled, nodding my head. Dawn dragged me away from them and once we were far enough she stopped tugging me and we walked side by side towards a dress and robes shop.

Most of the girls in our year and the year above us sent an owl to their parents and told them to send specific dresses that they want, but seeing as Dawn's dad lives in France still and her mum doesn't have much time on her hands, she decided to come dress shopping with me because I don't have anyone to ask for a dress back home. Come to think of it I barely have a home. I wonder where I will go or what I will do this summer.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the jingling of a bell, signaling that Dawn had opened the door to the shop. I walked in behind her and my nose was filled with the smell of old perfume. An older-looking lady was sitting behind the counter, and she didn't look like she wanted to be bothered, so we continued into the store and looked at some dresses.

Dawn picked out a few for me but I turned them all down, mainly because they were bright colors or had big ruffles and sequins. When she finally stopped looking around for me and started shopping for herself, I looked at some dresses on a nearby rack.

As I passed through the many dresses on the rack the only thing that was going through my head was 'what would Fred think I look good in?' and for some reason that made me nervous for the ball coming up in a week. It's that nervous feeling that always comes with the feelings that I have for Fred, the ones that took me so long to admit.

After looking through dresses I started thinking about my price range, which wasn't too much since I haven't been able to get money from the bank in a while, and started shopping based on price tags instead of what style I liked. By now Dawn had tried on at least five different dresses and showed them all to me. I'm not usually one to try things on more than once, so the dress I try on will most likely be one that I really like.

I finally got to the end of another rack of dresses and sighed, turning to another one. I picked up the first one I saw and unzipped the bag it was in to look at it. Inside was a dark blue dress with beautiful beading on the top and an open back. The skirt was light and flowy, and I knew that I loved the dress instantly. I took it off the rack and made my way to the dressing room with Dawn following behind me with a dress in her hands.

"Finally trying one on?" She joked with me, walking into her separate little room.

"The fact that I'm trying one on at all is a miracle" I joked back. When I had closed the door behind me I quickly changed out of my clothes and unzipped the dress to step into it. Once I had it on I looked into the mirror on the wall and looked myself up and down. Then a smile formed on my face as I realized that I actually looked really good. Dawn knocked on my door in excitement, squealing something about her finding a dress that she just loved. I opened up my door to see her in a light pink dress with clear sleeves with jewels on them.