Six

Faye's POV:
As the day went on I found myself continually resenting the fact that I had detention tonight. So much that my annoyance at the twins continued to grow as well.

I met up with Dawn at lunch and the twins soon joined us, along with Lee. I greeted Lee but ignored Fred and George. Fred sat next to me and Dawn, George, and Lee sat across from us.

"Faye, did you do the care of magical creatures homework?" Fred asked and I just continued eating, figuring the silent treatment serves them right. I know I forgave them but that doesn't mean I can't get some payback, and the twins hate being ignored.

"Hello? Earth to Faye?" George asked.

"I think she's ignoring you guys," Dawn told them, stating the obvious.

"Why?" Fred asked, looking a little hurt.

"Maybe because it's your fault she has detention?" Lee asked them, chuckling. I smiled at him and then brought my attention back to my food.

"You said you were ok with that!" George exclaimed and I shrugged a little, picking at my food. They continued to beg and honestly, it was getting a little annoying, so I finally got up from the table and decided to walk to class early. I said goodbye to Lee and Dawn before leaving the great hall, and sadly the twins followed me.

"We will get you to talk to us" George started.

"One way or another" Fred winked. I rolled my eyes at the two of them. They continued to talk and half the time I wasn't even listening to their conversations. I was halfway to my next class when I heard them talking about something that I just had to comment on.

"You know Faye, if you think about it, we should be considered your best friends because we have known you the longest," George said thoughtfully and I snorted.

"It's true you know. Maybe we'll even become such good friends you'll marry one of us" he exclaimed and I stopped walking, squinting my eyes at him.

"You know what George? Someday you'll go far... and I really hope you'll stay there" I sighed before continuing to walk.

"No, I just knew that if I said something stupid enough you would react" he smiled triumphantly.

"I knew you couldn't stay mad at us forever," Fred said, draping his arm around my shoulder like he always did.

"Who said I wasn't still mad at you?" I asked defensively.

"We did" George commented. I sighed, walking with them all the way to my next class and then forcing them to leave me alone.

***

After care of magical creatures with Fred and George, they both followed me back to the common room since that was our last class. They were both talking non-stop and I jumped in the conversation once or twice, but they were mostly doing the talking. I was dreading my detention later today. I could practically feel the scars on my hand tingling.

We turned a corner to see a group of girls talking near the wall. They fell silent when they saw us, or rather me. I glared at them and tried to drag Fred and George away from them, but one girl stepped right in front of me, blocking my path.

"Hello Faye" she smirked and I glared at her.

"Marisa" I seethed. Marisa was one of my good friends two years ago, but I can tell that in the time I've been gone she became miss popularity and also a total airhead. Maybe a better word to describe her is a bitch.

"We haven't spoken in ages! But I see you've done quite well in the new friend department" she said sarcastically, eyeing Fred and George with lust in her eyes. I almost gagged.