Twenty three

Faye's POV:

It's been a week since everything that happened with Dan. Fred and George "talked" to him and found out that he followed me and Fred to Dumbledore's office and listened to our conversation. The good news is that since Dan was also out after curfew, he isn't going to a professor with any of this information. I'm sure that the threats from Fred and George helped too.

I'm sure that if Dan had told a teacher about me though, it wouldn't have mattered anyways. It's not like Dumbledore is none the wiser. The only person I'm worried about is Umbridge.

Since everything that happened last week, I filled in George, Lee, and Blake on my entire situation. They seemed a little hurt at first, but understood why I didn't tell them; just like Fred said they would.

As for Fred and me, we're doing ok right now. I'm still horrified about how I hurt him physically, no matter how many times he just brushes it off. Whenever I see him I think about the next time I might hurt him or someone else I love, and it affects my entire mood.

I walked with Dawn to breakfast on Saturday morning. We walked to our regular spot at the table with Lee and the twins, and on the way there we passed Harry, Ron, and Hermione. None of them looked up at me. Harry is the only one still angry with me, and he has the right from me. I completely left him in the shadows.

I sat next to Fred and Dawn sat across from us next to George, who was also sitting next to Lee. The three boys seemed to be talking about something quite exciting as we sat down, and so Dawn and I gave each other questioning looks.

"Hey, guys, what's up?" I asked and they paused their conversation to acknowledge us.

"Hello, beautiful" Fred smiled at me and kissed my cheek, causing me to smile impulsively.

"Yuck, please not at the table while I'm eating" George commented, scrunching his face.

"Oh shush, I think it's cute. Let them be in love, it's not like we have many other nice things going on in the world around us. We rarely get to see a lot of happiness." Dawn shrugged, smiling at the two of us. George looked at her while she wasn't looking and smiled to himself, admiring her. Lee looked at the four of us and made a face as if he wanted to vomit.

"Lee, how come you never got a girlfriend?" I asked him, and Fred and George laughed.

"The poor bloke can't get one to say yes!" George joked, and Lee glared at him.

"Oh, yeah? I don't see the ladies throwing themselves at you" He shot back.

"That's because I am, unofficially unavailable" He winked as he stretched his arm out and rested it around Dawn's shoulders. Fred and I looked at each other and then back at the two of them. Dawn was blushing madly, smiling into her lap.

"Wait a minute... you two...?" Lee trailed off, pointing at them.

"Oh, uh... no. That's not what he means-" Dawn started but was cut off.

"I meant that I have my eye set on one person and I believe the entire school knows not to get in my way. So that, Lee Jordan, it the reason I do not have women all over me because, believe me, I am quite the chick magnet" George smiled then winked at Dawn. She just smiled back, rolled her eyes, and playfully shrugged her shoulders until she shook George's arm off.

"Well... anyways... what conversation were you guys so deeply immersed in before?" I asked the boys, and they all smiled.

"Ok, so for Christmas you know dad got us a muggle picture player-"

"A television" Fred corrected George.

"Whatever. So Harry recommended a few funny movies for us to watch on this television, and the one we watched last night had such an amazing concept in it!" George exclaimed.