Part 2

Adam POV

I pull into the parking spot reserved for me and dash inside. Not surprisingly, Carson Daly is waiting for me. 

"What the hell happened last night?" He asks.

"Oh well, nothing" I say with a half shrug. 

"Well make sure it doesn't happen again"

"I'll try to make sure it doesn't"

"Well" Carson says in a louder voice "your team is waiting for you"

I rush over and grabs my coffee as I look around for Blake. I relax visibly and then I spot my team and rushes over to them.

"Guys" I say "I'm so sorry that I'm late. Traffic was terrible from my house."

"Well what's next?" A girl asks.

"Next up is battles in a couple of days so that means I'm going to be pairing you off"

I think about the songs that his team members sang last night during the Blind Auditions and starts putting them in pairs. I then go over to the piano and grabs a heavy book full of song lyrics. 

"Okay guys. The reason that I put you with the person you're with is because I think that you two can do a good job. So look at the songs and think of a couple of ones you want to sing and I'll call the first group up in 10 after you go through warm-ups." I then walk away leaving my team looking at all of the songs.

As I refill my coffee cup, I look outside and sees a different car parked in Blake's spot.

"Huh" I thinks "maybe Blake's normal car is in the shop and that's his rental, but the Blake I know will never take that car. Maybe he just wanted to try something new."

Adam then returns his full attention to his coffee which was a good thing as Blake walked past him and got in his car and started to make-out with the girl sitting in the passenger seat.