Part 12

Blake POV

I woke up, disoriented, to the sound of beeping. Then I remembered the events of last night. Breaking up with Miranda. Staying here with Adam. I groggily grab my phone and see what's happening. Not surprisingly, 5 missed calls and 14 text messages from Carson. He's like the dad to all of us.

"Hey Carson" I say after he picks up.

"Hey Blake. How's Adam doing?" I look over at the not- moving body.

"Same as yesterday." A lump forms in my throat.

"We need you to come in today. We have to talk about what to do next for The Voice. Can you come soon?"

"Yeah. Be there in 20."

I hang up and tell a doctor I'm going then I drive over to the set, not even bothering to stop for breakfast.

"Hey guys." I say rushing through the doors.

I scan the table and see Carson, Gwen, Pharrell, some people from Management, and some people I don't recognize at all.

"Hey Blake. Please sit down a join us." one of the management guys say.

I quickly grab a sit next to Gwen and grab the cup of coffee that someone put in front of me.

"As we know, Mr. Adam Levine is in a coma and he is a coach on The Voice." a person says. No duh.

"We are here to talk about what is going to happen next on The Voice. Mr. Blake Shelton was there to witness what happened, so why doesn't he tell us what he saw and what happened to Mr. Adam Levine."

"Can we just talk about what's going to happen next on The Voice?" I growl. I hate this type of shit. The way that person is talking makes it seem like Adam is perfectly fine and just doesn't want to be a coach on The Voice anymore.

"What happened to Adam is all over national TV and there's no need for me to talk about that. However, Adam did tell something. He told me that whatever happens to him, he wants The Voice to continue and his adviser can take his spot in coaching." My voice cracked at the end. I don't really want to think about that day.

"That's total bullshit!" another guy yells

I quickly stand up, hands in fists. It's one thing treating like Adam's perfectly fine but another saying that you don't believe him.

"Do you want to test me?" I whisper, my 6'5 frame towering over his 5'8 frame.

"N-no." he stutters.

"Good." I run out of the room as fast as I can, not knowing where to go. I take a couple of turns and end up at the place where Adam and I first kissed. Oh the irony of it. I still see the painting that we made.

*Flashback*

"Catch me if you can!" Adam yells, grabbing my phone. We're at The Voice and filming the blinds, but something is broken with the sound so we just have to wait until they fix it. I stand up and start running in the direction he ran in. Pretty soon I spot him and hide. He's got his back turned towards me. Bad mistake on his part. I run to him and tackle him. Adam yelps in surprise and gives me back my phone.

"Blakey. I'm bored." Adam whines.

I look around the room and see that it's covered in tarps and there's a couple of paint cans in the corner. I guess this is where they repainted one of The Voice logos.

"Why don't we paint a picture or something." I suggest.

"Okay." Adam says happily grabbing a piece of cardboard.

I grab the paint cans and open them. I spot some paintbrushes and take them so Adam and I don't have to use our hands.

"Look! That's me." Adam says, pointing to a smiley face he drew.

"I don't think so," I say, teasingly "this looks more like you." I point to a dick I drew.

"Nope." He responds.

"Yes."

"NO!"

"YES!"

"Then you're an asshole." Adam says pointing to the picture of an asshole he drew.

"Am not."

"Am too."

"Am not."

"Am too."

"Then you're a piece of that." I say referring to the picture of shit I drew.

"No way!" Adam says, shoving me.

"Yes way!" I reply, shoving him harder.

"No Way!!" He shoves me a little bit harder.

"Yes Way!!" I shove him really hard.

"NO WAY!!!" Adam shoves me so hard I fall over. He wasn't expecting that and he falls on me. He falls on me in such a way that when he landed, his face was inches from mine.

I start breathing rapidly, and without ever losing eye contact, Adam puts his lips to mine. Fireworks go off in my head and my brain practically melts from the feeling. Adam pulls back with a worried face on him, but before he could say anything, I kiss him back.

He pulls back and holds his hand out to help me off the floor. Once I'm off the floor, he doesn't let go and instead grabs the other hand.

"Did that just happen or was I just imagining that?" he whispers, looking up at my face.

"That just happened." I say, leaning down to kiss him.

Our phones ring at the same time, making us jump apart.

"Ugg Adam. They want us back to the stage. They've gotten the problem fixed." I complain.

"Do we have to go back?" Adam asks.

"I guess so." I respond.

"I don't want to. I just want to say with you Blakey!" he whines

"What if I give you a piggy back ride?" I ask

"Ok!" Adam answers, suddenly sounding excited.

This is going to be fun

*End of flashback*

I force myself to leave the room and not cry. I don't want to face the others right now, so I head out the back entrance. I hop in my car and quickly text Carson that I'm fine and head of to the hospital where Adam's at, thinking of all the good memories we have together.