Part 14

Blake POV

I wake up to a wet face and dogs barking. The wet face from crying last night and Charlie and Bones barking. I drag myself out of bed and take a shower. I stumble to the kitchen to fill up the dog bowls with water and food. Me being the lazy one, I pop a couple Pop Tarts in the toaster oven and turn on the TV. And of course, it has to show stuff about The Voice and Adam's and mine bromance.

"Blake's and Adam's bromance, Shevine, has taken over the internet instantly. Millions of gifs and videos have been made of these two hugging and kissing on set" the TV announcer says.

Pictures of Adam and me kissing appear on the screen. Those pictures were taken from last season. From when we were dating. From when he didn't hate me. From when Miranda didn't exist. Just my looking at those pictures, I could see the love in his eyes. His love for me. I showing it back by showing him in kisses. I love how he would only allow me to kiss him once or twice on set, but after we're done we would find a quiet area and make out. I love how the little guy would always pull my hair and rub his hands all over me. When he died his hair blonde, I know I joked about it, but I really did love it especially when I would run my hands though his gelled straight hair at the end of a long day. Tears prick my eyes as I think about those times. Before my manager made me get a girlfriend. Yep. That's right. I was forced to get a girlfriend.

Apparently my manager thought that I wasn't famous enough so when I went on tour, not that many people would come, so she "hired" Miranda Lambert to be my girlfriend. "Hired" as in Miranda already wanted to date me, but I kept on saying no as I was dating Adam at that time. Everyone thought we would look good together, so she asked Miranda to be my girlfriend and all the tabloids were on fire about it, but I hated every second of it. The stupid grin on her face, her eyes were way to low on her face, she always put way too much makeup on her face, and she always looked like she was crying. And on top of that, she was way too clingy. And she got too suspicious way to easily, despite the fact she got hired to be my girlfriend. I never wanted to go home, so I would almost spend the night at Adam's and I would never tell her. When I would come home in the morning, she would always yell at me and I would just ignore her. This went on for months before my manager said we were "done" and I could finally live in peace. But when the tabloids got hold of this, I had to do a bunch of interviews and all that shit and had to pretend to be "sad" about it. And my divorce diet, but I just wanted to get more in shape again.

I turn off the TV before I get all emotional again and go to my bedroom to get changed. It sunny outside for the first time in a while so I hop on Adam's tractor that's sorta feels like riding a horse, but not. It's the closest thing I can get to home. I finish at around noon and I then have to go to The Voice to help my artists. We're now on the knockouts and I could care less about this. I love doing this and this pays most of my bills since country isn't mainstream, but I just want to go to the hospital and stay with Adam.

"Hey guys!" I say to my team.

"Today is the day where cameras are rolling, so be on your best behavior and not make a nuisance of yourself. Reverse order than last time. We start in 5."

I refill my coffee because you can never have enough caffeine and get started. I give a couple of pointers and listen to how awesome they are. I joke around with Brad Paisley and we have a good time. We take a dinner break at around 5 and that's when I see the other coaches. See, if one of us is rehearsing in the practice room, one other team is rehearsing on stage, another is trying on clothing and see what they're going to wear, and the last team is recording in the studio. It's chaos at times, but today it wasn't.

"Hey guys!" I say to Pharrell and Gwen. John Forgety isn't with them because he has some meeting for advisors since more of them are coming today.

"Hey Blake! Want any pizza?" Gwen asks

"Yeah. All meat." I order

"Just like the rest of us!" Pharrell exclaims

While Gwen walks away to order the pizza, I get a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone

"Is this Mr. Blake Shelton?" the other person ask

"Yeah."

"We are calling for Mr. Levine and this is from the hospital he's in."

"What about him?"

"He is awake."

I hang up and my head starts spinning. The person that I love. Is awake. IS AWAKE. IS AWAKE. IS AWAKE. IS AWAKE.

With that, my knees collapse and I see stars now.

"HELP HELP!" I hear someone call.

I finally lay on the ground and the world goes black.