Part 5

Adam POV

Man it feels good to be back on set. I hate taking sick days but yesterday I really did need it. Battles are today and I'm pretty confident in my team. I am so glad that it only takes one day to do it all or else it would take a lot longer. I go to my red chair and true to his word, there is a bucket for me that is labeled "Adam's Vomit Bucket" in really big letters. I see Pharrell and Gwen already there but no Blake thank goodness. I still haven't gotten over that fact that he is dating someone else.

"Hi Adam!" they both say to me "how are you feeling?"

"A little bit better" I respond back "but at times queasy"

"So that's what it's for" says Gwen pointing at the bucket

"Let's hope you don't have to use it and your fans then turn into Harry Styles' fans" Pharrell says rolling his eyes

"Yeah, lets ask the audience to see who wants you to vomit on them" Gwen says holding back a laugh

"Lets not" I retort

"Lets begin the battles!" Carson says with a clap "Feeling better Adam?"

"Yeah Carson" I say back "Lets get this show on the road!"

Blake comes dashing in with a Starbucks cup in his hand and sits down not even making eye contact with me. That son of a bitch. The lights dim and the first battle begins. Team Adam went first and even though I had to make some tough calls and say no to some very talented people all of the other coached picked them right back up. Team Blake went next and O stole one person from his team. Team Pharrell and Team Gwen both went but O didn't steal any. After it ended, I was feeling very confident that he would win this season. But that's when things would start to become more complicated.

"Hey Adam. Can I talk to you for a second?" Carson asks

"Sure" I respond, not even putting up a fight

Carson leads me to a private room, plopping down in a comfy chair, gesturing me to do the same.

"What is going between you and Blake?" Carson questions

"Umm... well nothing?" I says somewhat truthfully

"Adam. Don't lie to me. Everyone can see that something is wrong between you two. Even the news."

"The news?"

"Haven't you seen it? There have been a bunch of article saying that you hated Blake because he started to date Miranda. Do you?"

"Well yes" I admit. I then proceeded to pour out the whole story to Carson starting from the very beginning.

"Wow" Carson said after he processed the whole thing. "I'm not going to ask any questions now, but only one request"

"Ok" I say

"Can you and Blake please go back to the whole bromance thing you had for a while? Please?" Carson pleads

"What?" I say, taken aback

"I know it's asking a lot after all you've been through. But I don't want life to be any harder for you and since rumors have been going around about you two, just do it for me. I beg you."

"Ok. Only for you and no one else." I agree "But what will Blake say about this?"

"Don't worry. I will talk to Blake about this so there will be no awkwardness between you guys."

"Thank you so much Carson" I say standing up pulling Carson into a hug

"Don't mention it" Carson says back with a smile "Now go home and get some sleep. I expect to see you here bright and early tomorrow"

"I'm exhausted after what happened today. See ya tomorrow" I say heading out the door

"Bye" Carson calls after him

I walk out The Voice doors and for the first time in a while I feel in an upbeat mood.