0.1

It's a little, cabalistic apartment in Central London, made of two bedrooms, a bathroom and a kitchen. It looks like nothing from the outside, but I was able to put my spin to it when I moved in. And that's how I wanted it to be, hidden.

I rarely leave the house, only for gigs. I work mostly via my laptop or the phone, and my neighbour does my grocery shopping for me. It's best for me to stay inside, I don't want to risk being caught.

Some days I feel like hopping onto the first plane to America, finding the love of my life and begging for his forgiveness. Others, I completely forget about his existence. It's wrong, but I had no choice.

I have no choice.

The day I supposedly 'died', a drug that would slow down my organs that would make me seem dead was administered to me. It's effect then wore off a good two days later, and then, I fled the country, leaving David and David alone a letter explaining it all.

He tried to contact me, at first on a daily basis, but now, every two weeks he give me a call. I don't pick up.

He writes, updating me on how my friends are. I stopped myself from reading those, as they brought back a lot of bad memories.

But, if there is one thing I didn't lie about was my Dementia; I lied about how advanced it was, but it was still there, developing. Today, it's safe to say that I'm free of it, after intensive medical care. I moved to London, now working for myself but linked to a team called I.C.E., standing for Inter-Continental Executioner, which is part of the Queen's elite spy team. My job is to kill anybody and everybody she, or my mentors, tell me to kill.

It's a cold job, but I came to realise I was cold myself. I faked my death to the people I loved the most, I think that is enough proof. You could say I'm heartless, and I would most likely agree with you.

Along with faking your death, and moving across the world, came a drastic image change. I chopped the ombré locks to a stylish bob and dyed my hair a dark brown almost black colour. I have also adopted glasses, so that is part of my main day look.

They come off when I'm working only. Other than that, showering and sleeping, the thick-rimmed Ray Bans are suctioned to my face.

It was bank holiday Monday here, so I expected to sleep in; apparently not, since my phone was ringing rather loudly by my head, at 7am.

"What?" I barked, picking up.

"We have to talk"

"Fuck off, Nathan" I hung up, cuddling back with my pillow. Not even 30 seconds after, my phone was ringing again. "What?!"

"The Shard in an hour. Be there" he said then hung up. I screamed into my pillow.

+++

Maybe it wasn't so bad, the view was pretty stellar, and for once it wasn't pouring in London so you could see for miles out. Let's not mention how good their cakes are too.

There were a few people here and there, minding their business, staring out of the window or eating like me. Nathan cleared his throat, setting down the coffee that was in his hands. "You're becoming sloppy, leaving clues. Surely, you have the Queen's blessing for these killings but, we're a secret agency"

I shrugged. "The possibility of getting caught adds to the thrill"

"You find a thrill in killing people?"

"I have no soul" I shrugged again. Nathan blinked, briefly looking away and then back to me. "Nathan, you douchebag. I'm a hitman- or hitwoman, I don't freaking know- I won't be sobbing over the death of somebody I killed"

"You wouldn't be happy about it either"

"I'm not, I'm neutral" I said.

Deep down, I liked him. He was one of the few people who could look past my profanity and dark humour and have a laugh with me. He just had a tough outer shell. Like a David 2.0, but nobody comes close to him. He's like a second Dad to me.

And Nathan is only a few months older than me.

There are days I long to just hear his voice, his reassurance, and witness his ability to overcome virtually anything.

"You're doing it again" Nathan sighed. "Thinking about F.A.S.T."

"I always will, it's a part of me"

"Well, can we put that part of you away for now, we have a seriously important gig tomorrow morning"

I sighed, my attention shifting to him. "Give me details"