2.9

"When this is all behind us, we should take a holiday to somewhere in Europe." My boyfriend brought me closer by the waist. "How about...France, huh? Just you and me."

"Well, if duty doesn't call." I smiled. "But if not then, I'm more than happy to do so."

"Nice. What are you wearing for the Welcoming Party?" Ross asked.

"I genuinely don't know, but I'll do something similar to last year." I shrugged, looking at my watch. "I should probably go get ready."

"Alright, go on." He kissed me quickly. "I'll meet you later."

I gave him a wave and left. The walk to my own room was like a catwalk. I was at my best of moods for many reasons.

We collected all of the USBs in half of the time we had (2 weeks rather than 4), I was back with Ross, and, I dove into the damn Thames.

I dove into the Thames. I'm going to tattoo that on my chest.

The first week back is being amazing so far, not much could top that.

I put on some music and opened my wardrobe, picking a crisp white blouse and black tapered dress trousers. Finally, I grabbed some red chunky heels and kicked off my make up routine, ending it with a classic red lip.

After so, I painted my nails the same colour and braided my hair into two French plaits. It looked nice, especially as my roots began to grow in. I think I look pretty stunning.

7 came around very fast, as Ross was at my door bang on time. "Damn, you look good."

"Thank you." He went for a less 'dressy' suit and tie combo. "You look very handsome too, and I'm your height."

"I'll allow it for tonight." He laughed. "Let's bounce."

Welcoming Parties were literally the equivalent of homecoming. Only with alcohol available for us. I, however, didn't feel like drinking and neither did the squad.

The banter however, truly began when we all hit the dance floor with the most 'Dad' - like moves, whilst the 'cool kids' (new spies) stuck with the more relaxed dancing.

Until the Cha Cha Slide. Everybody lost their weave collectively.

Then the night slowed down for a second for a slow dance which was very thoroughly enjoyed by moi. After that, I just stood on the sidelines with Ross' arm around me and a solo cup with Fanta in each of our hands.

"This is chill." Ross commented.

"I forgot how much fun it was." I agreed. "It's like everything fell into place after my British dive."

He laughed. "Was it that fun?"

"Okay, the jump - yes. The landing - sucked. Right, so I was like paralysed for a few minutes because I hit the water so hard even though I was diving. Then the current began to drag me away and I swallowed that nasty Thames water and basically drowned inside. Finally came the chest infection I got from the water is still here." I stopped and looked at him, who was smiling. "I'm rambling, aren't I?"

"It's very cute."

"Stooooppppp." I blushed and pushed his face gently, making him just hold me tighter and leave a kiss on my cheek.

However, something was wrong, as people quietened, and the sound of marching became louder. The doors leading into the hall swung open, revealing at least 5 rows of 10 men each, all armed and bullet proof vest-ed. I recognised the emblem straight away.

"Hide everybody." I told Ross who began to guide the kids away to the next room.

"We're here for-"

"Yadda yadda. You're here for me." I stepped forward. "When will you-"

A healed and healthy Matthew stood in the very middle. "Surprise."

"You're meant to be in hospital. Last time I checked, we don't home traitors."

"Surprising you ended up here then." He smiled, taking a step forward.

David appeared. "Touch my daughter and I'll kill you."

"I knew it! Of course you two dummies were related! It only made sense; your stupidity can only be passed down genetically." Matt smiled proudly.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm a bit more heartless than that."

"David was my mentor when I was here. Explains why we have all the best spies to have ever touched down in these Headquarters right here in this very room."

"Lies." He raised an eyebrow. "My boyfriend isn't in here."

"You can have my weave!" Sierra yelped from the background. I smirked.

"No." Matthew shook his head. "He isn't in here is he. Or in there."

"What?" Riker and Rocky stepped up. "Where is our brother."

Matthew shrugged innocently. I grabbed him by the collars, 39 guns pointed at me at once. "Listen, you asshole. You came for me, not him. Let him go."

"We'll see about that." He removed my hands from the fabric with a disgusted look. I slapped him with zero hesitation, but he barely looked phased by it.

"Alright." I took a step back. "Let's play a game. You catch me and you can kill me on the spot, but if you don't, I kill you."

"Deal." He was a gambler, and he would never back out of a little game, especially if bloodshed. "This is my team."

"And this is mine." I presented the people behind me. "Welcome recruits, this is your first mission."

"When do we begin?" Matt asked.

"Hmm." I paced towards the door. "Now. Catch me if you can, asshole."

when hide and seek gets heated af