1.5

I woke up in a dazed state, until I realised I was in water. Right there, I began to swim like my life depended on it, and it kind of did.

At the last minute, the governors told me that if I didn't pass, I was no longer allowed to stay in F.A.S.T., which meant it would be a matter of days before I.C.E. killed me.

I pulled myself out of the water, meeting Ross. "Hi."

"Focus." He said. "You're doing good."

I noticed I was now in a large white room, similar to the one in Ross' test. Before me was a gun, and beside it, a bow and arrows. He pointed to them. "Choose one."

I went for the bow and arrow; it was my turf. As I picked them up, people began to appear- holograms.

Let's see how this goes.

+++

I've been here for years it seems, but it has only been 10 minutes.

Ross was now behind me, as I saw my reflection in a mirror. "This is the toughest part of the test; all of your current fears will be compressed into one. Just keep your cool."

He then faded out, and the mirror moved, revealing all of my friends. However, they were glaring at me.

This version of Ross spoke first. "I mourned your death for months on end."

Not this. I realised then, I was in the middle of a circle made by them, and they began to question me about my fake death, my previous illness, everything. As I didn't know what to say, I stayed quiet, which enraged them even more.

I couldn't breathe. This was all I didn't want to happen.

"Why is her nose bleeding?" I heard Casey's voice, but it was probably from outside of my head. I touched my nose, blood on my hand.

"Her fear- it's killing her slowly." David replied shakily.

I looked around in panic for a way out. As I turned again, Matthew appeared in the same clothes from when we met u at The Shard for breakfast.

"Come on, Athena!" He grabbed my hand and we ran. However, he stopped, and when I looked back, my friends had guns pointed at me, and so did he.

Matthew shot at my chest, and the whole setting rattled (I probably jerked), and started to break away into shatters as I fell. I was caught, however, by Ross.

I looked into his kind brown eyes, and I couldn't really tell his emotions. Happiness, anger and sadness were reflected on his face. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise. I'm sorry." I struggled to speak. "Do you forgive me?"

He smiled. "I already have."

Peace washed over me as I slowly slipped from his grip, and the second I hit the ground, all of this became a shatter reality.

---

I came to my senses sharpish, with a gasp as I basically rose from the dead. The governors and my friends smiled at me, and I looked back to Ross holding a tissue at me.

"You have a little.."

Dry blood was running from my nose down my cheek. I chuckled and allowed him to wipe it for me.

"I didn't understand the last part, it wasn't a fear; it was a wish of mine." I said.

"The test is ended on a positive note when you pass." One of the governors smiled.

"So does that mean..."

"Welcome back to F.A.S.T., my love." David shook my hand and I'm sure I broke his because I squeezed it so hard.

I got up and shrieked, my friends attacking me with a hug. Once they released me, I turned back to Ross, who I virtually jumped and attacked with kisses.

"How can I even make it up to you?"

"Stay happy, that's all I ask." He beamed at me, giving me a hug. "So, who's celebrating tonight."

"I'm celebrating with my bed! Bye, y'all."

He quickly pulled me back, kissing me again. "You don't mind if I go out, do you?"

"Of course not, you should, this is all thanks to you." I smiled at him. "Take a couple of shots for me."

"Will do! I'll see you tomorrow." He waved me away. I lingered for a while longer, wanting to see my test on the screen.

Rocky Lynch

So happy for Athena, she deserves it.
Unfortunately, she was so tired she fell asleep in the Test room.

So I guess it was a guy's night out for us.