0.4

The rest of the night was rather calm. Rocky helped stop the bleeding, disinfected the cuts from the fight, and put ice on my bruises. After that, he gave me a shirt to change into and allowed me to sleep in his bed as he took another room.

I didn't question him once, just allowed him to pull me along as I stayed quiet.

Today was the day though, and when I woke up, I didn't move a muscle because I could feel somebody sat at the end of the bed, facing away from me.

"How long have you been there?" I said, completely going back on myself.

"I arrived here at 7am, and it's now almost 10" Ross stayed stationary. "So a good two hours"

I didn't reply; genuinely, I didn't know what to say.

"How did you manage, huh? How did you manage 3 years without everybody" he turned around. "Better yet- how did you have the courage to fake your death?"

"Ross, stop being a hypocrite. You started the trend"

"Was this to get back at me? Because I was actually protecting you when I faked my death"

"I'm not that shallow" I hissed. "And you know that"

"I honestly don't know anymore- you left me letters, Athena! How did you have the guts to do that?!"

"Shall I remind you of the notebook you left me? I won't be gone too long, I never am. But if I am, I'll most likely be thinking of you" I recited and he looked away. "We did the exact same thing, for similar reasons. If anything, you should be the one to hate me the least out of everybody else"

"I don't hate you, Athena. I really don't" Ross said. "It's hard to hate someone you love. But why did you do it?"

"I was protecting you all. My presence was a danger, and nobody will understand why" I shook my head. "You all just won't let me go! You could all just act like I am actually dead and move on from me, but you won't let me go!"

He didn't reply. I didn't mean to hurt him, especially after the last few days.
He looked different, but the same. His hair was still long, now swept back and away from his face, and he ditched the t-shirts for button downs, and some little tattoos here and there.

"What happens now? Am I allowed to go. There, you know I'm alive"

"Do you not want to be with me? Reunited with us all? We were once your family, and I'm sure that with some work, we can push past it" he reached for my hand but I snatched it away.

"Nobody can help me" I replied. "Can I leave?"

"I won't stop you. But, F.A.S.T. contacted I.C.E. regarding you, and you could be in for capital punishment here; or working for F.A.S.T. again in America"

"Life imprisonment it is"

"Why is it that you're pushing us away? Sure, it's been 3 years, but you never did this before" he sighed in annoyance. "We used to share everything, and especially during your last days; or were you lying about your dementia too?"

I jumped for him, to soon bounce back as my wrist was handcuffed to the bed. "My dementia was real, just not as developed as I lied it was, but it was there and luckily I received the treatment I need it to kick its butt"

"Good for you" he stood up, colder than ever. "You have a few hours to think it over before we leave; that's if you choose to stay here"

He already knew I was going to go back with him. I kind of had no choice, because sure as hell, I was not staying in prison for the next 60+ years of my life (if I make it there).

It just sucked that, even three years on, he was always right.

***

The flight back to America was smooth, it was the arrival that was bumpy.

We sat right at the back of the plane, and Ross handcuffed me to him whilst we flew. When we landed, we were the last to leave, and as I prepared to get out, a helicopter with at least 10 strategically positioned snipers and 3 armed police officers were waiting on me. I looked at Ross.

"You're considered a criminal here; treason to be precise" he explained, never looking at me. "If you move too fast, they will shoot you, so stay calm"

I was sweating. He snuck a look at me, and the hand holding my arm rubbed it soothingly. "I'm sorry"

"I'm the one who should be apologising" I said as we neared the police officers. My handcuffs were exchanged by a straitjacket and I was lead to a car with its mirrors smoked. Ross then climbed in beside me.

"It will be better there, I promise"

"I doubt it, Ross. I doubt it"