001

∆∆∆[O N E]∆∆∆

Cliondra Bradbury

"Clio,stop being such a pussy and get up here."

For the last half an hour Teddy DuChamp,my best friend,had been rushing on-and-on about how he would beat  Chris chambers,another best friend,at cards today.He hadn't won one game all year and poor old Teddy could help but be strained by the fact someone was beating him at something.

I simply rolled my eyes at his behavior,although I knew Teddy would hurt anyone,let's just say he has some anger problems.

"Teddy do you mind making a pit-stop,gotta hitch some smokes and a magazine for gordo."

He rolled his eyes at me,but signaled me to keep going,I made a sharp left towards "Emilio's bits and bobbs" entering through the little door.I quickly ran towards the magazines and the cigarettes,and ran out of the store,cheap Emilio was pesky enough to stay without  the little bell on the door,there was no sound that could indicate someone was coming in or out.

As soon as we arrived at the tree house I could hear "rockin robin" playing softly in the back,while Chris and Gordie were softly giggling,probably to a dumb joke young Christopher had made.We both climbed up to the small get away to be met at Chris's small smirk.

"Hey Clio." They smiled,I smiled back.

I quickly handed Gordie his magazine,and tossed Chris his cancer sticks,which they both replied with a smile.Minuets later Vern Tessio,the youngest of group and let's just say,the largest,rammed through the door.He had been diggin under his porch,and he heard Billy complaining Charlie about Ray Browers dead body,a kid our age that had been missing for 3 days and apparently,was dead.

"Do you guys wanna see a dead body?"

We were all silent a curious look in our eyes,smiling at the fact that we might be the ones people noticed in this town for once,heros,maybe?

"Are you guys in?" Chris looked at us with a gleam.

"Fuck yeah."
"Of course"
"Yea,sure."
"I don't know guys." Vern exclaimed rubbing his face.

"Verno come on,we could be in the paper,heros." I said with a dazed look in my face.
"They might even pin a metal on you Vern." Gordie added on.

"Fine but only if Billy doesn't find out."

"I guess it's settled then,we're gonna go see a dead body."