~Chapter Thirteen~

~Brendon's POV~

We followed Ryan's lead now, since none of us knew where the testing labs were. I was sure Ryan had peaked into our heads to try and dig it up, but he was also going of the minds of others he had scanned that knew the vicinity.

"It's been so long..." I mumbled quietly. My hand was still interlocked with his as we walked forward. It felt just right in mine, as if it fit perfectly.

"I know, baby..." Ryan said quietly. He had sadness on his face as he looked around where we were walking. Although, I could see something else on his face as well.

Fear.

"Let's keep moving, Ross." David encouraged.

"Right..." Ryan nodded, turning a corner, "Keep walking...It's just ahead..."

I felt his grip tighten on my hand, suddenly. He pulled me extremely close and yelled, "LOOK OUT!"

A rush of air flew past us. I turned my head and saw Spencer fall to the ground.

"What wa-ah!" Søren had started, but his had shot up to his neck and he also fell to the ground.

Frank flaired his electricity and surrounded himself by a sheild of electrifying bolts. The air rushed past him, and something was caught by his barrier.

"Darts!" Frank called out as the small metal object clattered to the floor.

"He's a runner!" David yelled as Louis began to cripple. David caught him, but the next instant was sliding down the wall himself. His eyes rolled back before closing.

"Frank! Volt that son of a bitch!" I yelled, unsure where the next attack would come from.

Frank flared a strip of electrified volts across the floor, leaving just the slightest gaps around those on the floor and Ryan and I.

I looked at Ryan in fear. I saw Ryan's eyes flicker just past me and back again. He spun me just as an unfamiliar voice cried out.

The electrical trap on the floor ceased and a masked figure laid on the ground, twitching slightly. Before I could say anything, Frank had rushed over and stuck the small dart that had missed him into the stranger's arm.

Frank looked up at me, breathing heavily. "I don't do neck." He shook his head. He stumbled back and leaned against the wall.

"It's okay...It's okay... We're good..." I panted myself, trying to get the fear out of my system. I turned to Ryan and felt my heart sink.

I had been holding him up this entire time. A small silver dart stuck out of his neck and he was leaning against my chest. I hadn't even noticed his tight grip around me loosen.

He was the one that knew where we were going. I didn't know what to do as I slid slowly to the ground.

"Shit..." I looked around at our unconscious group, "Shit, shit, shit!"

"We've just gotta hide them." Frank said, recovering from his usage of his ability, "Hide them in a side room." He pointed at the masked figure, "Tie his ass up. Ryan said just ahead, Yea?"

Frank gave me a reassuring smile that made me smile weakly back. I knew Ryan wasn't dead this time at least, just unconscious.

Frank busted open a door along the wall and I helped him drag our unconscious group into the room to hide them. Frank was binding our assailant as I set Ryan carefully down on the floor.

I leaned down and kissed him lightly. "I'll be back Ry...Try not to die this time...Yea?"

"Brendon?" I stood and turned to Frank. He nodded towards the door and I followed him out. I was unsure how, but determined to save my friends.