Chapter 9

"So what are we doing today, George," Fred asked.

"I don't know Fred, what should we do?" George asked back.

"OK, what are you two getting yourselves into?" I questioned.

Before I could get an answer, I was dragged out of the great hall and into a deserted corridor.

"OK! What?" I asked a little annoyed.

"Can you keep a secret?" they chorused. 

I shot them a 'are you really asking me that' look.

"Right, force of habit," Fred said.

"We are going to show you our greatest weapon," George said.

"OK, now I'm scared," I said nervously.

"Don't be," George said as Fred pulled out a folded up piece of parchment.

"Wait- is that..." I trailed off.

"Is that what?" Fred said.

"I know about the marauders map," I blurted out.

"Damn, what don't you know?" George said with sarcasm and annoyance.

"I'm sorry, you know about the Marauders, right?" I reassured myself.

"Obviously," the twins chorused.

"I know who they are," I said.

"When were you planning on telling us?" Fred asked angrily, making George get protective.

"I was going to tell you when you told me about the map, I didn't want to seem like a know-it-all and a freak," I said.

"Well you are a know-it-all," Fred started.

"But you're not a freak," George finished. 

We all smiled, "C'mon, lets go to the Room of Requirement, I'll tell you about everything there," I said grabbing them.

"What's the-" I cut Fred off.

"Shut up, I'll tell you when we get there," I snapped.

"Damn, I knew you were fiery, but not this fiery," George joked.

"Oh shut up," I said making a sharp turn and slamming George's shoulder in the wall, "Sorry George!"

"Damn that hurt," he responded.

We finally got to the room of requirement and I thought about what we needed and the door appeared. 

"Wicked," they said.

"C'mon, before we get caught," I said scanning the empty hallway.

We all ran in and took a seat in beanbag chairs.

"OK, what do you want to talk about first, the Marauders, or the Room of Requirements?" I said.

They looked at each other, looked at me and said, "Room."

"OK, I'm gonna tell you the short version," I started, "this room is a magical room. It appears itself to any witch or wizard in need."

"So, say you needed a bathroom," Fred asked.

"Charming Fred, but, yes, that's the idea." I replied a little disgust in my voice. 

"OK, now about the marauders," George said.

"Right, OK, you guys can't tell anyone about this, not even Harry, and before you say anything, yes I know you gave it to him, but he can't know, not yet at least." I said.

"How she knows these things I will never figure out," Fred said as George wrapped his arm around me in a proud way.

"Any ways, the four Marauders are Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs," I started, "They are code names for Remus, Peter, Sirius and James." I said cautiously.

Both of their jaws drop," wait, so you're saying that your uncle, dad and godfather are the marauders?" George asked.

"Yea," I said sheepishly.

"Wait, but what about Wormtail, or Peter and why are those their nicknames?" Fred said. 

"About the nicknames, Uncle Remus is a werewolf, so they called him Moony. Daddy is a dog, so they called him Padfoot, Uncle James was an animagus and his animgus is a buck, hence the name prongs," I said with pride.

"So what about Peter?" George asked.

"Peter Petigrew, is a rat, realistically and figuratively." I said with disgust, "He was the one who sold out Uncle James and Aunt Lily, to save his life from the dark lord. He cut off his toe at the scene so it would look like Daddy killed him. His animagus is a rat, and it seems very fitting to me. " 

"Well, yea," they chorused.

"There's one other thing," I said wearily.

"What," George said in that tone.

"You see, Peter Petigrew is still alive," I started.

"And," Fred asked.

"H-he's kind of, kind of Scabbers," I said the last word very quietly.

"He's what?" Fred asked authoritatively. 

"Scabbers," I said shakily. 

"THAT EVIL MANIPULATIVE LITTLE-" I cut off Fred.

"Do not tell Ron," I said very strictly. I got strange looks from the twins, "as far as I know, Daddy is close to the school, and he and Uncle Remus want revenge on him themselves." I finished.

They sighed. After it had set in that I had just said those things, I began to cry. I'm a tough person, and it takes a lot for me to cry.

George wrapped his arm around my waist, Fred wrapped his around my shoulders. We sat there for half an hour. I had stopped crying by this point. George grabbed my chin, and kissed me lightly.

"C'mon, let's go to Hogsmeade," He said, "we can get some more Bertie Botts," he said a little to excitedly.

"Yea, I heard they added bougie and grass flavor," Fred said with the same excitement.

"Gross...Let's go," I said getting up and running out of the Room of Requirement.

"Wait, before we go, we have to give this back to Harry," Fred said gesturing to the now blank parchment.

"OK, I'll meet you two in Honeydukes," I said.

"Alright," they said, George running over to give me a quick kiss and Fred making a puking noise behind him.

I ran off to Hogsmeade, but I didn't go to Honeydukes, I had to go pick up a few things for the boy's birthday, which was in a few days, in fact, it was this upcoming Friday. 

I got Fred a basket of candy, a fanged flier and a Nimbus 2000. I got George a basket of candy, a necklace with a hand print and a paw print on it that has our anniversary date on it and a Nimbus 2000. I had to get their things shipped to the owlry so they wouldn't get suspicious. I then headed off to Honeydukes. 

I walked in just enough time to look like I was busy before the boys came in. 

They tried to sneak up behind me and scare me, but George ended up with a kick to the shin and Fred got an elbow to the stomach. 

"Bloody hell," said a very winded Fred.

"Damn babe, I knew you were tough, but not that tough," George said holding his shin. He was actually my height at the moment so I kissed him and Fred made a choking sound.

"Oh, grow up would ya?" George asked.

"Oh grow up would ya," Fred mocked.

"Both of you grow up and lets go get some beans," I said trying to hide my excitement for their birthday.