Chapter 12

I latched onto his leg, and he howled in pain. I have never had to attack Uncle Remus, ever. He always took his wolfsbane potion or got out of town quick enough. This was definitely a new experience. 

Uncle Remus stumbled because I was attempting to pull him away from Harry and the others. We fell down a hill, Sirius was under Uncle Remus, I knew something was broken. Uncle Remus got up and started to walk towards me. I crouched and growled, ready to fight him.

He began to lunge at me, but something struck him across the head. It landed at my left front paw. A rock. We both looked in the direction it came from. On the hill stood Harry. That boy doesn't know what he's doing. 

Uncle Remus turned towards Harry, but to give Harry some time to get away I growled. He turned back towards me and this time he was quick enough to latch on to my shoulder and upper back. I yelped and he let go and went for my back legs. After he had done some serious damage Sirius got up. Broken ribs I thought. 

He jumped at Uncle Remus distracting him enough for me to make an escape, but I was completely immobilized. 

Out of the blue, there was a very distinct howl, a werewolf howl, but it wasn't from Uncle Remus, it came from the Forbidden Forest. Uncle Remus took off after glaring at Harry. Sirius phased back and slumped next to me. I phased back, in a lot of pain. 

Harry ran down the hill and looked at us in awe, "Amazing, absolutely brilliant," he said looking at Sirius. 

"Wasn't me who did anything. Your...sister...here was the one who tripped him and took most of the brawl." Sirius said beaming at me, but with concern struck all over his face.

"I've had worse happen, dad," I said, trying to sit up.

"How so?" He asked.

"You see Fred and George-" He cut me off.

"That explains it," He chuckled.

"Yea."

"Remind me to kick their asses later," he said to Harry.

"Got it," Harry laughed.

"You will do no such thing," I said to them both.

We sat there, huge smiles spread across our faces.

"Harry, you need to go check on Ron, they took him up to the hospital wing," I said breaking the silence.

"How did you-"

"I'm a wolf, I have better hearing than humans, I can even hear better than extendable ears," I said.

"Oh, OK, do you need help to the hospital wing," he asked.

"No, I'm going after Uncle Remus," I said. Dad made a sound of protest.

"You will do no such thing, you are in worse condition than I am," He protested.

"Well, I'm not wanted by the ministry. You are in more danger than I am by even being here." I countered.

"I will go hide, Harry you go to the hospital wing," Sirius said. 

"Got it," Harry said taking off.

"I will go hide in the woods, try not to get too hurt," Sirius said kissing my forehead and running down the hill.

I phased and ran into the woods on the same path Uncle Remus said. I followed his scent until I found  him in the middle of the forest. He heard me and whipped around to a crouching position to fight me once more. I ran at him, but he got a hold of me first. He scratched my face flipping me on my back, where he proceeded to scratch my stomach. His paws were so powerful, he also ended up breaking 4 of my ribs from the sound of it.

He was about to devour me from head to toe when the clouds covered the moon, phasing him back to human.

"Wh-what have I done," he said shakily as he looked at my mangled wolf body. 

I heard his voice so I phased back and sat there limp. He flopped to his knees and put his head in his hands. 

"I'm a monster," He whispered.

I tried to sit up, but failed, "It's not your fault, you didn't know who you are." I defended him.

"But you, you're..." he trailed off.

"I know, I'm pretty bad, but here," I gave him a vile of wolfsbane potion I had in my pocket, "It will control you for the rest of the night."

He took the vile and drank it all in one swift motion. I looked at his leg, it was bleeding a lot, like Ron's. 

"Sorry about your leg Uncle Remus, I didn't mean to grab it that hard." I said guiltily.

"Why are you apologizing, I practically destroyed you, and you are apologizing for a simple bite?" He almost laughed, "you are certainly different."

"I apologized because I knew what I was doing, you didn't, it was your instinct." I protested. He chuckled. 

He got up, keeping pressure off his bitten leg, and scooped down to pick me up. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I'm taking you to the hospital wing," he said, looking a little confused.

"You can't, Snape will confront you and you could be killed," I said.

"You could be killed if I leave you like this," he said gesturing to my wounds. 

"Harry and Hermione are in the courtyard, they can take me to Madam Pomfrey." I said. he looked a little confused so I pointed to my ears and he understood, "Sirius is there too."

"Won't he hear us coming?" he asked.

"No, his hearing has never been as good as mine, and not phasing for about 13 years can wear out your hearing too." I laughed.

He chuckled. We rounded the corner of the courtyard and Sirius snapped his head to us, he noticed I was in worse condition. He looked at Uncle Remus. Uncle Remus put me down gently and Sirius ran over to him and embraced him strongly. 

"Thank you," he cried.

"For what?" Uncle Remus asked. 

"A, for reuniting me with my believed dead daughter, B, for not completely destroying her, and C, for giving me the most fun in a long time." He said.

"My pleasure." Uncle Remus said and embraced him back, "She has a broken femur, a broken ankle, 4 broken ribs, a broken shoulder blade, serious cuts to the abdomen, upper back and neck and some minor cuts to the face." he said in a more somber tone.

At this point Harry and Hermione were looking at me and Uncle Remus and Sirius were hovered close to me. I noticed Harry and Hermione had saved Buckbeak and that he was over in the corner behind a pillar. 

"Right then, Harry Hermione, don't you two need to go check on Ron," Sirius said in a stern tone.

"Right," Hermione said looking at the large clock tower. 

"You two can't lift her and the levicorpus spell is too risky, tell Fred and George they need to come to the court yard, don't tell them what happened, tell them that Ashley needs their help, they'll come," he said, "Go."

They were off. 

"I am going to hide in the forest until dawn, as a precaution," Uncle Remus said turning, "I'll see you tomorrow Ashley." He was off too.

"I have to go too, I am going to Grimlaud Place, send me an owl if you want to spend the summer there, but don't tell Harry, he thinks I'm going to be living out in the wilderness for a while." he laughed, "I love you princess, write soon."

"Love you too," I said wearily. It had just struck me how much blood I was loosing. 

With that Sirius was off, with Buckbeak. I was definitely going to spend summer with him. 

Not five minutes after Sirius left I heard two pairs of footsteps and loud joking voices, Fred and George to the rescue.