Chapter 10

"OK, so you got it?" George asked Fred in a hushed tone.

"Got what?" I asked walking up to them. They have been acting really weird lately.

"Oh, nothing," Fred said a little too quickly. George smacked him on the arm.

"Oh please, you know I know you two better than that," I said crossing my arms across my chest. 

"Yea, we know," George said looking at his brother, "we are planning a big prank on everyone for our birthday tomorrow."

"OK, and when were you going to tell me about it?" I protested.

"Actually, never. We wanted everyone to be surprised," Fred said. 

I sighed and looked at George, "Please just, don't do anything too insane." 

"We won't, I swear. Just don't tell anyone we are planning a major prank," He begged.

"Major?" I asked concernedly.

"Please babe, for my birthday," He gave me the puppy dog eyes and I gave in.

"Fine, but I get the right to any revenge I want," I stated.

They looked at each other cautiously and said, "Deal."

"Good, now c'mon, we're gonna miss dinner." I said taking off down the hall.

The both passed me screaming, "Race ya!"

"It's on," I yelled. I changed into a wolf and sprinted past them and right before I ran into the Great Hall I stopped and changed back. 

I walked into the Great Hall, slightly out of breath and took my usual seat. About two minutes later Fred and George walked in heaving like crazy.

"That...wasn't...fair," Fred panting taking his usual seat. 

"Sure it was, you didn't establish any rules, and even if you did I could have beat you," I said triumphantly.

"Still...you...could...have...slowed...down," George breathed.

"Sorry," I said kissing Fred on the cheek, making him blush and George stiffen, and George on the lips. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Uncle Remus stiffen, and I couldn't help but laugh.

We finished our dinner and headed up to the common room.

"You guys go on ahead," Fred said to me and everyone else.

"Yea, we've got to find Peeves," George added.

No one questioned it, and we all went to the common room. We started talking among ourselves when Oliver ran in breathless.

"Ashley...Fred...George...fight...outside," he managed to say.

I jumped up and ran outside with everyone trailing behind. I ran to the courtyard and sure enough, Fred and George were exchanging hexes and jinxes quite rapidly. Before I could say anything they both fired a hex at each other, and they were both knocked out cold. 

"Idiots," I said, "Hermione!"

"Yea," she said running up to me.

"Neither of them are hurt, just knocked out. Use the levicorpus spell on Fred and I'll use it on George," I said blatantly. She nodded.

"Levicorpus," we both said. 

We took them upstairs and put them in their beds.

"Man, I hope they resolve everything for tomorrow, it would be horrible if they were fighting on their birthday," Hermione said as we rejoined the others in the common room.