Chapter 8

The big day arrived and we were all really anxious for Chris. It was 2 o'clock in the afternoon and we were meeting the guys downstairs for a relaxing walk before the show began. When they appeared in the elevator, Lucy rushed towards Chris and jumped on him.

"Nervous?!" She asked him showing him a big smile.

"Very," he answered.

"Shall we go?" Bella asked.

We started walking through the streets of London. I suggested we should go and have a coffee, so we did. We sat at 'The coffee Store of London' and ordered our coffees. We were trying to make Chris feel less nervous but then, we were suddenly interrupted by a little, blonde girl.

"Excuse me..." she said to us, timidly. She seemed to be 13 or 14. "Are you Chris Wellington... the new member of McFLY?" She asked, still in a shy tone.

"The same one," Chris answered with a big smile, trying to be nice to her.

"Would you mind signing this for me?" She asked while giving Chris a pen and a piece of paper.

"Oh, of course!" He signed it and she thanked him, charmed. Then she walked away, about to faint.

"Wow! You're good, mate!" Zac said to him.

"Of course I am, what did you think?" He joked and we all laughed.

When we finished our coffees, we decided to get back to the apartment; it was getting late and Chris needed to go for a sound check. 

"I can't wait for the concert! It'll be great!" Bella said excitedly. We were all as excited as her, though. Except Chris.

"Yeah, although... I feel I won't make it," he added sadly. "I need something to... inspire me." And, with that, he looked at Lucy.

"Well, I could tell you something that might inspire you..." She slowly started. We were about to cross the street that was in front of our apartment. We could see many girls standing at the porche and cars stopped from time to time in curiosity... fans. Lucy was ahead of us all.

"And what would that be, love?" He asked to her sweetly. We all turned our attention to Lucy.

"Not much... that I love you and... that I'm pregnant." She said these last words in a rush. The boys looked automatically at her in surprise. 

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!" Chris shouted.  A car was now heading towards Lucy, who was standing ahead of all of us in the street, at 150 km/h. It was all very fast; Chris ran and pushed Lucy aside, so violently that she almost passed out, making the car hit himself and not Lucy. The people in the car shouted and sped away. Lucy was bleeding all over her face but Chris... he couldn't even move. He was laying on the floor, helpless. We all shouted in fear.

"OH, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!"

"OH, GOD, CALL EMERGENCIES! QUICK!" Bella shouted. Zac took out his mobile and called 911, nervously. Steve knelt next to Chris and tried to talk to him. Bella and I went to Lucy and helped her up.

"Lucy are you OK?!" Bella and I shouted. She nodded with difficultly. Apparently, she wasn't good at all. She stood up and looked at Chris. Silent tears started pouring from her eyes. People started gathering around us, without knowing what to do. Some, took out their mobile phones and called emergencies, others just looked at us.

"He'll be ok, Lucy, don't worry!" We said to her while we hugged her. I felt like crying as well; it all was a big shock.

"Chris? Chris?!" Steve was saying desperately. "He's unconscious!" At this, Lucy looked at him horrified.