Chapter 9

We all looked at Lucy, shocked.

"You...?" But then he realized what he had just heard.

"I lost it, Chris, I LOST IT!" She was crying desperately and left the room running. I looked at Chris. His sight was lost, he looked as if he was about to cry. I felt so sorry for him.

"Stay with him, Bells." I said to her as I went out from the room after Lucy.

I came into the waiting room and saw the rest of the people sitting there.

"Where did she go?" I asked everyone, desperately.

"Don't worry, Dougie went after her." Danny answered, pointing at them. I followed his finger; Lucy was crying against the wall, with her sight down at the floor. Dougie was forcing her to look at him, but she didn't want to. When he finally managed to make her look at him, he started speaking to her in a very fatherly way and persuaded her to return with the rest of us.

Then, the nurse came out again.

"Anyone else is here to see Christopher Wellington?" She asked the boys. They nodded and disappeared behind her just as Bella came out from the room.

"Lucy..." I looked at her sadly as the three were of us completely alone.

"Don't," she stopped me before I could say anything. "It's destiny."

Bella and I went to hug her.

"Excuse me, Miss Gregors?" A woman suddenly appeared and asked Lucy. She nodded at this. "Could you follow me, please?

"I'll go with you" Bella said.

"I'll stay here; go." I encouraged them, motioning at them with my hands. And now, the whole silent corridor was all for me it seemed. There was no one left there.

Or not...

 The door slowly opened and someone came out from Chris' room.

"Lucy? Is Lucy here?" 

It was Danny. Ha, ha, as if I wanted his company. I got suddenly very tense. It was my hospital corridor. And my dignity...?

"Well, I don't see her around. Do you? Cause maybe, she became invisible... who knows!" I said sarcastically. He looked at me and then searched quick around us with his sight.  "Oh- are you Superman?! Could I have your autograph?" I said, in a mean way. Then I sat straight back again and rolled my eyes.

"All right, slow down! I get it. What have I bloody done?" He was getting a bit nervous. I laughed out loud.

"Oh, please! I can't continue with this fake! Oh, wait... you are a fake!" I said to him and then stood up, determined to walk quickly away from there. But unfortunately, he stopped me. I was decided not to let him stop me but he was too strong and was really hurting me.

"Let go off me! DANIEL GET OFF! YOU'RE HURTING ME!" I shouted.

"Just listen! Please, Sophie!" I stopped fighting, defeated, but he didn't let me go. He just eased his grip on my arm. "I do like you, Soph! Steven lied to you, he made it all up!" he shouted back. Huh? How did he know about that?

"Let me go, Jones!" But he was holding me now so hard again that when he finally let go off me I fell suddenly to the floor. Thanks god we were in a hospital. And, in the blink of an eye, Danny fell to; but on top of me.

There were now people looking at us in the corridor. I guess we were shouting too loud? Suddenly, Danny flew up and away from me and landed on his butt on the floor again. Oh, no. It was Steve. He went to Danny again and punched him in the face. I stood up and started shouting.