Chapter 11: Football

Linnea POV.

I ran back to hostel to get ready for college, it was around 6:50 am. While coming back I thought about Wade a lot. His grey eyes were different, I had seen it for the first time. Why are my black? I hate my eye color, its no color, its pitch black. Even Stacy has green eyes, she looks beautiful in those, her eyes compliments her red hair. Daniel has light brown eyes, and in sunlight it turns light yellow, he looks so charming in them, like a God, oh no sorry, like a devil. I believe Devils enchant you better than gods so that people can fall in their trap easily, they spellbound you, just like he was did. Even though I kept my distance from him in spite of having lot of quarries and questions in my head, I was more drawn to him. Surprisingly it increased my desperation everyday. Fortunately my will is too much stronger than my wants and time will definitely help.

I reached my room, as usual I found Stacy lying on the bed like a sleeping beauty. Her alarm must have snoozed for 10th time. Every night she promises to get up early and go for jogging with me, but she finally gets up at eight o' clock. Her excuse is- 'I need my beauty sleep'. Well she is already beautiful, what else does she need, kill me out of embarrassment of my ugliness.

Bathing is super refreshing when your body is soaking sweat. You feel clean and confident. I wrap around a towel and get out to my door. Stacy is asleep peacefully, and won't wake up before 8 even if I make attempt to suffocate her and kill her. Its the best thing she is good at.

I wear my usual clothes and do my hair into a pony tail and pack my bag for today's class. It was 7:30 am by now so I had a lot of free time, so I studied. Stacy woke up at 7:55 actually, well that's a progress. I needed to tell her about wade, somebody needs to be informed about him. What if he killed me tomorrow and buried me or maybe thew me into the river.

"I need to talk to you" I told Stacy immediately and she turned to me shocked wide eyed. Funny. We laughed a little bit at our act that we just put up. She does crazy things all the time.

"Yeah speed up, I m not ready yet"

"So today I met a guy, he is captain of this soccer team in the apex stadium.-"

"Oh my god, is he hot?"

"-I don't know, maybe, so he asked me to go with him tomorrow morning, he wanted to show me a river, and I agreed because was talking very casually and nicely so I didn't know how to say no"

"Great, two boys and one girl, I like it, but choose the hotter one"

"There is no two guy"I said, she better not talk about Daniel . My entire day becomes weird even by his name. Stacy still doesn't know what happened between us.

"No he is still on the list, he was asking about you that day. Do you believe that? Daniel was asking about you. That is something like every girl's dream in our college."

"You are exaggerating"

"Okay okay, I'll go and get ready"

*************

So today had to be same like other days, but morning turned out to be different. Oh let me inform you more. I don't use walls anymore to change my classroom, I proudly walk around the corridor. I see Daniel a lot around cafeteria or library and on the fields but we never stare each other. He plays football too, but I don't watch him playing all the time. Our college focuses more on studies. He totally forgot me, and that's good ofcourse, because its been two weeks and he never came talk to me. Didn't I want that? Well I still do and I am extremely obliged about it.

Classes got over, I extremely enjoyed our practical classes, it was fun. Everything about medical and science is interesting. You get to know what's happening inside you,how your body is putting up with you. It suddenly makes you feel like you were never alone all this time, millions of little lives i.e. cells were working for you, cheering you to live, fighting for you when you were sick. But everytime you start believing in science you are forced to believe that when you are dead, you are dead. There is no soul in your body, the thing that you are feeling inside, emotions for love, hate, happiness are all because of some hormones. These all will be gone when you are dead. You will feel nothing no matter what the colour of your body is, you'll see nothing no matter what the colour of your eye is, no sweet smell, no carve for food, no tingly feeling when someone touches you. Nothing. You will be cold, and lifeless. You will be dead. Completely.