Chapter 20: To See you

Linnea POV

'Daniel, where are you?' I leave a voicemail and within two minutes the bell rings. I run out towards the main door in expectation to see him standing there.

But no.
Rick.

"Why are you here? And where is daniel?"

"You have to come with me" he grabs hold my hand as starts draging me with him.

"Why? Where are we going?"

"We don't have time Linnea, I'll explain you later when we are in car"

"What's going on? Where is DANI..EL??"

"He is busy, he asked me to drop you back to college hostel"

"Is everything alright?"

"No. You are not safe here"

"Safe? What do you mean by safe? How are we not safe here?"

"Will you stop? Will you?, there's no time, do you understand that?"

"No I don't! Where is he? Is he alright? Is he safe?"

"No! he's not! Thanks to you! NOW MOVE!!"

"What?-" I suck in air in one go, I could feel my pulse in my forehead. "No I m not.. moving, where is he? Are you taking me to him?"

"JUST!-" he calmed his nerves and breathed in, "just do what I say now. Okay?"

"Okay, let's get inside the car,-" I started to walk away faster than him "then probably you'll answer me"

I quickly adjusted myself to the seat and sat quietly for 2 minutes until we were out of his house.

"So... what do you think?" I asked.

"About what?"

"Me meeting Daniel next time, when do you think that time is gonna come?" My words were flowing like thick fluid.

"I don't know. Not this week I guess"

"Why? I can't even talk to him? Like call him or something, or text him! How about an email? Huh?"

"I don't know"

"Do you even know anything? Do you even know where we are going?"

"Your hostel"

"What? What? I thought you were taking me to him"

"He told me to drive you back to hostel safetly"

"Are you his some kind of servant, he asks you to do something and you obey it like a loyal dog! Take me to him!"

I could see him frowning and I knew the outcome was not going to be very favourable I if continue talking. So I shut myself for another few minutes.

"This isn't going to help, you know what. Stop the car" I broke my silence.

"Are you mad, do you not understand what anything that I am trying to say?"

"No I don't, just stop the car and turn around, we are going back"

"We are not! So sit back quietly"

"Fine then I'll jump" I unlocked the door and held it close to me, not opening it wide so that I fall off and die. Its just a warning. Or... Blackmail.

"Go jump"

"What?" My heart fell down to my seat and my stomach churned.

" yeah, I have nothing to do with you, in fact if you die today our one problem will be solved and if Daniel gets mad at me, he'll just punch me because I couldn't save you so technically that won't be my fault because you decided to jump out, I didn't push you." He felt so proud to explain me something that I usually plan in my head, 'running away from problems' and he smiled like a child winning his first trophy ever.

But that was not something of my concern, I part was to know where Daniel is. I needed to know if he needed me, if he was safe.

"Okay just two questions, answer me in yes or no. Alright?"

Rick nodded, and for the first and probably last time I like him for this.

"Is he in danger, like the life threatening one"

He sighed.

"Yes or no rick?" I said boldly.

"Yes, but there are lot of people to take care of him, so you don't need to worry about it"

"Okay, second question, is he in that problem because of me?"

"Look I cannot answer all that, there is a limit-"

"Of What!??" I cut him.

"Of the intensity of a question, and you just crossed that line"

"You never told me about that before, and I am not asking you to explain everything, I just asked you to say yes or no"

"Yes"

That was all I needed to know.

I jumped.

____________________________________

So how do you like it so far? You hate it?
Its okay, I don't mind.
Sorry,I m busy with college and exams, I'll try to make next part as long as possible. Trust me I m not writing next part until I get a view for this chapter. Seriously!!

-stuckwithbooks