Being Fifteen In An Orphanage Sucks

Originally the name for the main character was Leslie, but I decided to go a different way with the name.

Enjoy!
xx

"Thea! Thea!" I heard from downstairs. I quickly ran out of my room where I was doing homework and ran down the steps, almost falling in the process.

"What's going on?" I asked when I reached everyone.

"Thea!" Susie said when she saw me. I smiled as she jumped on me. I picked her up. "Thea guess what?!"

"What?" I asked.

"I'm getting adopted!" Susie said.

"Oh." I sadly said. I coughed and quickly responded the fake way I always do. "Oh my God. That is amazing."

"I'm leaving right now!" Susie said as her new parents walked in behind Sister Angie with Susie's suitcase and her stuffed pig Mr. Oinkers.

"Well, you better behave for them." I said, setting her down.

"I will! Bye Thea!" Susie said, hugging me.

"Bye kiddo." I said, hugging her back. I watched as they all left.

"Thea." Sister Angie said.

"I have homework to do." I said, going back up stairs. I went back to my room and shut the door, locking it.

I am fifteen I have been here since I was three when they took me from my mother. I don't even even know if she is still alive or not. I have never been adopted. I get close, but then something happens. I do something and then they pick someone else. I have only three years left at the orphanage and then I am eighteen. I learned a long time ago they want kids less then nine, not fifteen years olds.

"PEOPLE ARE HERE!" one of the other girls yelled. I heard the commotion of everyone leaving their rooms and going down stairs.

Me, I just stay where I am.