Death The Kid x Reader: The Library.

"Just a bit further!" I encouraged myself as I stood atop a chair, reaching for a book on the very top shelf. I was here every morning, getting new books of course. I read more than my friend Maka, and that's saying something. "So close!" My arm stretched further and I managed to grab the book's spine, pulling it off of the shelf. I them began to lose my balance and fall backwards.

My "Oof" was mixed with another males grunt as we toppled onto the floor. Wait, we?! I looked down to see I had landed on Kid, who was unfortunate enough to be walking behind me as I fell.

I quickly stood up, bowing repeatedly. "Gomenasai! I didn't look behind me, I didn't mean to fall on you, Kid, I was just trying to reach the book and I-" I stopped when I felt a hand rest on my shoulder.

"(Y/N), it's okay. You're over stressing yourself about the situation. Take a deep breath and relax, I'm fine."

I sighed, trying to calm myself down, but sadly, didn't have any luck in doing so. "What, are you worried that my father will kill you? If he was that cruel, Black☆Star would have been dead a long time ago."

Well, he's got a point there. But even so, I can't help but feel scared. Kid's father might not be cruel, but Kid can be towards asymmetric things. And I'm not exactly a symmetrical beauty.

"What are you doing here anyway, (Y/N)?" Kid asked me, regaining his posture.

"Ah, well, you see, I was just getting the last book in the library that I haven't read yet. Well, all the ones available for 3 star meisters."

"You're really a 3 star meister? I can't say that I'm not impressed. You surpass even Maka in both skill and reading."

I smiled sheepishly, letting out and embarrassed giggle as I rubbed the back of my neck, heat rising to my cheeks from Kid's praise.

"E-Eh, it's not that big of a deal, really."

"So, might I offer you a co-" Kid was cut off when Black☆Star kicked him in the face. He quickly looked up at the attacker, glaring at the obnoxious bluenette.

"C'MON, KID! LET'S FIGHT! RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW! YOU WON'T BEAT ME THIS TIME FOR I AM THE ALMIGHTY BLA-" Kid had managed to get onto his feet and punch Black☆Star in the face, sending him flying across the library. He calmed himself down, brushing off his suit as his attention turned back towards me.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, might I offer you a coffee from Death café?"

Did Death the Kid really just ask me of all people out on a date?! I thought he liked Maka, or Liz or Patty! He probably does, he just feels sorry for you. Yeah, that's it. Everyone pity's the nerdy and clumsy meister with no friends.

"(Y/N), are you alright?"

I shook my thoughts away and focused on the current situation. After a moment of mental debating, I hesitantly accepted the young reaper's offer. The walk to the café was silent, aside from when he held the door open for me like the true gentleman he was and me giving him a thank you. We ordered our coffees and sat down at a booth by the window. He cleared his throat and I looked up at him, only for my orbs to meet his golden hues. The first ring of his eye was darker than the second, but they were the most amazing thing I'd ever seen, just like him.

"What is your weapon?" He asked. A typical question.

"I use an arm cannon, though my weapon partner, he has the ability to change into different weapon forms. His other weapon forms are a machine gun, and the Sacred Sword of Purity."

I saw his eyes widen and I suddenly worried.

"You wield the Sacred Sword of Purity? That's sword is said to be even stronger than the Holy Sword Excalibur! I heard that if your souls are in sync enough, it can do things like increase your speed and boost the force of your offense attacks!"

"Hehe, yeah, it really can do that. But I rarely use it. With that weapon form comes a transformation of some sorts, it takes a lot of energy, and the transformation itself can be very dangerous. If not controlled properly, the power could swallow my soul and I could lose control." I said casually and I took a sip of my caramel mocha.

After our chat, we got to know each other a lot better and he even walked me back to my apartment.

"I really enjoyed our interaction today. It was splendid to talk to you." Kid started.

"Yeah, I'm glad I got to know more about you, Kid. I had a lot of fun."

"Let's do coffee again sometime?"

"I'd love to."

He leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my lips. My eyes widened in shock, but as soon as my mind processed and registered what exactly was happening, I wrapped my arms around his neck and melted into the kiss. The kids lasted only a few more moments before we both pulled away for air. He walked down the steps that lead to the door.

"How does Thursday sound for a coffee date?"

"It sounds wonderful." I reply with a small smile.

"Great, than I'll see you then."

"See you then, Kid."

With that, he headed back to his manor and I shut the door. Pressing my back against the cool wood surface, my dainty fingers came up and lingered on my lips that still held the feeling of his own there. "He kissed me..." My weapon parter started to shout immature and childish things like "Kid and (Y/N) sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Or there was even "When's the wedding?" And "Use protection."

My face flushed as I began to chase him around the apartment, shouting "YOU BAKA!"