The Decision

It has a week since my fight with Jay. We haven’t spoken or even looked at each other. I was still upset about everything that happened. Jay has been out a lot with some of his friends, getting drunk.  Macy was busy getting wrapped up in Tom to notice my mood much. I was happy for her that she finally found someone else that cared about her. Rosalie and Nath were still on their honeymoon. They had about a month or so left. Nareesha and Siva went to go visit Siva’s family in Dublin for a while since the boys had off. Kelsey and Tom were up in Bolton visiting his family with Ella for a bit. Danielle was busy with some job at the moment. Which left Max with nothing to do. We spent a lot of time together. I went over his house the day after the fight to just get out of the house and I haven’t left since. Max was a great friend. He made me laugh and cheered me up. But he also let me cry when I needed it. He would hold me in his arms and I would soak his shirt with my tears. He made me feel safe and warm and loved. He reassured me that Jay would come around sooner or later. I didn’t believe him though but nodded anyways.

We were sitting watching a movie. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Max looking at his phone every couple of minutes, waiting for something. I pause the movie and turn to him.

“Max what’s wrong??” I asked worriedly. As soon as the words left my mouth he started to cry. I didn’t know what to do so I just held him as he cried. Repaying him for all the times he supported me.

When he finally stopped I looked into his eyes and brushed away the tears. I waited for him to tell me.

“Danielle cheated on me.” I gasp when I hear the words.

“How do you know??” I ask.

“She told me just before she left the day after the wedding. She told me she doesn’t think the baby is mine and broke up with me.” He starts to cry again and this time I hug him tight.

“Why didn’t you say anything sooner??” I demand.

“Because you were going through a tough time.”

“I don’t care if I was on the verge of dying, you should have told me Max, I care about you.” I sigh and kiss his cheek. When I pull back I stay close to his face. I can smell the scent of his cologne and toothpaste mixed together. I looked into his eyes. He moved closer and soon his lips were on mine. I didn’t know what was happening. I didn’t push him away or try to stop the kiss. The more we kissed the more passionate it got. His tongue searched my mouth and I moved to straddle him.

After much will power we broke apart. I took a deep breath and climbed off him.

We both stared at the TV in silence.

“Max.”

“Sam” We both say at the same time.

 “I like you Sam, a lot. I have ever since I first met you in the club and Jay introduced us. I couldn’t stop thinking about you and I though I had a chance with you when you and Jay broke up. When we had the interview I was going to ask you out. I was determined to break up with Danielle. But then you and Jay got back together and she got pregnant. It was all a mess. When you two announced you were getting married, it tore me to pieces. I couldn’t stand you being with him. He broke your heart. You’re here because he hurt you again. If he loved you he wouldn’t hurt you. What I’m trying to say is, I think I’m falling in love with you Sam.”

The word sprung out at me and I couldn’t help but think I feel the same way.

Max was amazing; he was kind, funny and caring. We had so much in common. Our love for animals always caused us to have long conversations about documentaries we would watch together. We both cried in movies. He made me feel special in a way Jay never did. He made me feel like I was a precious diamond. Whereas Jay made me feel like a piece of meat every time he looked at me. I couldn’t believe it. I love Max George. I loved him! But I was marrying Jay.