The aftermath

When I wake up I feel Max’s arms around me and sigh. I turn around to find him awake and staring at me.

“I’m sorry about last nigh. I was just scared that something might have happened to you and I got jealous of you being out with Jay.” I watch his face as it turns to sorrow.

“Max you don’t have to treat me like a kid. I can make my own decisions. If I mess up I’m meant to learn from it. It’s part of growing up. And as for being jealous of Jay, don’t be, we are just friends now. I love you and only you.” I lean in and kiss him.

“I love you too.” I smile and cuddle into his arms.

When we came out of our room everyone was in the living room. Max went up to Jay and apologised.

“I’m sorry, I should have looked after her.” Jay says and my heart dropped.

“It’s alright mate. She’s safe, your safe, that’s all that matters. I’m the one who acted like an asshole.” They hug each other before sitting down and talking about something.

I turn to Kelsey and Rose.

“Do you want to go shopping??” I ask and they nod eagerly. We walk to our rooms to get dressed.

I put on a pair of skinny jeans and one of Max’s shirts and a leather jacket. I could still smell Max’s cologne on his shirt and decided against putting on any perfume. I put my hair in a ponytail and put on some mascara and lip-gloss before walking out.

“I love it when you wear my shirts.” Max says coming up from behind me and putting his arms around my waist.

“I do too. It still smells like you.” I smile and kiss him quickly before walking out with the girls.

We spent the day just shopping and talking. At lunchtime we walked to a Starbucks. Once we ordered we walked to a booth and sat down.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see paparazzi forming around the store. Kelsey gives me a look and turns to Rosalie.

“Just ignore them. They’ll go away. When we walk out don’t listen to what they are saying. You got that??” I nod and get up.

When we step outside they swamp us. Flashes go off and I try to shield my face.

‘Sam where’s Max??’

‘Sam where’s Jay??’

‘Sam who are you choosing??’

‘Sam are you with Max??’

‘You’re here with Max so does that mean you picked him??’

‘What do you think about what Macy and Talitha said about you in an interview?’

I stop when I hear the question but Kelsey pushes me forward and into a waiting taxi.

We speed off to the hotel.

When we get back I run to my room and lock myself inside. I can hear Max’s concern and Kelsey telling him what happened.

I grab the laptop and type my name into the search engine.

There was an article posted yesterday. It was an interview with Macy and Talitha. Why were they doing an interview??

I clicked on the link and they appeared alongside an interviewer.

She started off asking how long they have know me and how we got to know each other.

She then moved on to the topic of my alleged love affair.

“She had just gotten back with Jay when they had a fight. He wanted to have sex with her but she refused. Since she’s such a slut I thought she wouldn’t refuse but she did.” Macy continued to tell the events of what happened, adding insults every few minutes with Talitha agreeing.

Max was banging on the door, shouting for me to let him in. I blocked him out and went back to the interview.

They were talking about Danielle.

“Yeah they were having the affair even before Max and Michelle broke up.” Tears fell down my cheeks and I didn’t have the energy to push them away. Why now?? It’s been a month since this happened. Why now all of a sudden???

I go to my twitter and find that I have thousands of mentions.

The words slut, whore, home wrecker, bitch, ugly and fat stood out as I read the tweets. I found one from Danielle from about two minutes ago.

@Dan_ielle: everyone should stop hating on @Sam_199, I broke up with Max before they started anything. They would never hurt me or Jay on purpose #NoneOfYourBusiness.

I smiled at the tweet and sent her thanks before composing my own.

@Sam_199: To everyone hating me right now, you don’t know the full story. Please stop. #NoneOfYourBusiness.

I add the hash tag and smile again before sending it. I lean back against the pillow and let the tears fall freely. How did I end up like this?? Three years ago I moved to London wanting a normal life and look how it turned out. I broke up with my fiancé and fell in love with his band mate and my best friend. People all over the world hated me for something they know nothing about.

I hear a key turn in the lock of the door and look up to see Max storming in.

“Sammy.” He comforts me as he pulls me into his embrace and I cry even harder.

“I watched the interview and saw twitter. Don’t let any of this get to you. I promised I will protect you and I intend to keep it.” I smile at him and he kissed me.

“Max, it’s al just too much. I can’t handle it all. I feel like my whole life is just one continues rollercoaster. One minute it’s good the next bad.” I sigh. Max strokes my back soothingly and sings me to sleep with the words of I’ll be your strength.