Chapter 3

Jewel's POV

I stomped up the steps to see to see Gray with a smirk on his face.

"What are you looking at?" I snapped.

'Oh Jewel, why you so harsh?' River laughed.
Shut it fool.

"Aww, little J first day here and she already got her heart broken," Gray placed a hand over his heart and teased me.

I smirked, "My first day here and I'm already deciding if I shouldn't break my uncle's nose,"

"Big words for a youngin', you should keep that up so people would take you serious," Gray pinched my nose.

"Nigga! Who are you calling young? I'm sixteen years old!" I exclaimed.

His eyes glowed when I said that. "Great, now I have something in common with my niece," he walked off. "Oh hey Jasmine," I heard Gray say.

"Hey Gray, I heard that the new girl came, is she here right now?" the girl asked.

"Yeah, she on the porch right now," he laughed.

"Alright, where are you going?" the girl asked.

"Over to Riley and Huey house," his voice faded and he was gone.

I looked up to the most adorable girl ever. Her large round green eyes looked at me in awe. Long straightened hair hung low. Peanut butter skin tone shone in the sunlight, it was utterly amazing. The girl wore and t-shirt that hugged her body, and shorts that showed off her legs in a cute way.

"Hi, I'm Jasmine DuBois," she greeted in a shy tone. The voice matched her appearance.

'Jewel, she's not showing you all of her, keep your guard up.' River growled in my head.
She just trying to make friends.

'It doesn't matter, keep your guard up.'

Okay.

"Hi, I'm Jewel Lihon. I'm new here... well, you should know that," I smiled.

"Thank god. I was thinking that I was going to be the only girl over here," Jasmine joked.

:She's not good with jokes: Gray sent me through mind link.
Since when can he do that?

:When ma accepted you: he laughed.

I looked around.

:Where are you?: I asked him.

:You heard me, at Huey and Riley house: he replied.

'Huey? Where? Where is he?' River went wild at the mention of his name.
What?! Why are you acting like this?

I was freaking out in my own head.

:Jewel, you are so weird: Gray pointed out.

:I'm not weird, I'm just not like you: I snapped.

"I have a great idea, you should come over and properly meet Huey and Riley," Jasmine gave a sly smile towards me. "But I..." I couldn't finsh before she grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

"Let's go," Jasmine walked me to Huey's and Riley's house.

We reached the front door and Jasmine knocked.

:Decided to come over huh?: Gray snickered.
:Oh shut up, I didn't intend on coming here, okay?:

:Sure you didn't: he said.

"Who is it?" it was Huey's voice, his husky voice, sexy voice!

Woah Jewel, calm down. I should have been telling River that, because now she's acting out. Demanding to be let out now.