Chapter 5

Jewel POV

When I woke up, I was inside a room. I shot up in alarm to see Huey sitting in a chair.

"Well, good morning Jewel," He said with a calm voice.

'Well, nice to see you get up,' River yawned.

"So you was awake this whole time?" I asked her.

"Of course, I had to keep an eye on Riley," Huey answered.

"Oh, ok," I said awkwardly.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

He shuffled in the seat, "I found you out on the sidewalk unconscious," He answered.

"Well, why didn't you take me home? I have a house you know," I growled.

"Look. I didn't want to wake them up. I called and told them you was here this morning  Gray came by to check on you and told me that when you wake up, take you home to see your grandmother," Huey leaned back and looked away from me. "Oh really? Well, I might as well get home now. They may not trust me around you," I laughed.

"No, Gray wants you home because of Riley. Riley is a snake," He sighed.

"Your brother? Not with me, I'll probably stab him if he came onto me. But you, another story," 

The hell did I just say. His facial expression was blank. What is he thinking?

Huey POV

Did I just hear her correctly? I'm another story? If my heart wasn't beating so fast, I would say something back, but I can't even speak.

"Look, I don't know what I just said. Make like, you didn't hear that, okay?" She looked down at the cover.
Guess I did hear correctly, but she didn't mean to say it, so... guess it's back to square one.  

"Alright, but, what made you say it?" I asked curiously.

"Look, I said forget about it. Don't bring it up again," She hissed.

A low growl escaped my lips. She looked at me like I said something that hurt her feelings.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Y-You're the panther from last night?" She asked.

I tipped my head to the side, "What are you talking about, Jewel, I honestly think you hit your head or you've been knocked out for a long time,"  

"You just growled. I heard you," Her voice trembled.

"No, I mumbled. I have a deep voice you know," I rolled my eyes.

"Right, right. But anyways, you need to-" 

"Huey! Some white nigga wanna talk to you!" Riley yelled from downstairs. "Alright," I yelled back.

"Stay here and whatever you do, don't move, because you have no clothes on," I quickly ran out the room before she could respond.

I walked down the steps to see Dilyn. "What is it?" I growled.

"Aye, I'm gonna be upstairs in the room. Holla if you need me," Riley said then left.

Dilyn waited for Ruley to go up the stairs to talk.

"Look," his eyes sparkle with excitement, "there is a new wolf in town and I think you would like her," He smiled.

"Look, I don't want to find and kill wolves anymore. None of it is helping me in any way, plus those wolves I'm killing, are people too," I looked down.